Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ARIENS 824 - Model 932101

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
pipesbac

ARIENS 824 - Model 932101
Original Message   Feb 22, 2011 12:39 pm
WARNING - stay away from this model - really disaster. I purchased brand new 4 years ago. Fisrt time used and the "wonder machine" didn't moved forward or backward. Took two weeks fixed , parts where not in stock.  Used second time - 15 min. - "wonder machine" bushing wear out. Again - is service. Year by year, this same problem - $ 1100.00 unit not worth even echange for showel. The manufacture didn't offer 3 years warranty - I didn't now why - I called amd I was told - only 1 year.  Pay few hundrats $$$ for service and finnaly last night - "wonder machine" give up again.

Ariens - this is a German perfect engineering? I hope you will learn from China manufactures - my friend purchased at Home Depo unit 1/2 price of mine and used thuis same time w/out any problems.

This is my personal experience.  I own before very old Ariens - this was a perfect unit - never give me any problems, I used, my son, friends and never, ever stop working.  Best ever machine I have it.

But, sombody like it and my unit dissapered from my garage. I was forced to by new unit. I this was a HELL mistake.

Sorry ARIENS - but your prududct is not worth my time and the money. I want buy only Americans pruduct, but I do not have choice again,

Mark

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
relics

Re: ARIENS 824 - Model 932101
Reply #1   Feb 22, 2011 7:41 pm
I have a old ST824 thats a 1981 with the original 8Hp engine.Granted it had a number of new bearings put in it last year.And the engine completely tuned with a new carb and ign system.Its thrown snow for over 18 hours this year and performs as good as new.My bet is who ever has been repairing yours does not know what there doing
uconncuzinvinny

Go UCONN!

Reply #2   Feb 22, 2011 11:36 pm
My Ariens 932101 is going on 10 years old.  So far the only thing I did to it besides the R3 retrofit kit was a new carb this year.  It needs a new friction wheel so I will put one on in the spring.

Ariens 824 with R3 Drive Update,  Toro 6.5 HP personal pace Lawn mower, B&S Generac 2700 PSI pressure washer.
bus708

Reply #3   Feb 23, 2011 10:45 am
I have Ariens 824le 924108- It came with a 8 HP Techumseh.- I got it from Home Depot. Yes I Had to properly adjust everything for Home Depot assembly is poor.   I do not know what a R-3 Retro kit is???  For the past 12 years this machine has NEVER ever gave me any problems. I went through my share of shier pins, and had to change my belts, but NEVER EVER A FAILURE. No carb problem NOTHING. I even still have the original drive disk.

You must  be doing something wrong  or not adjusting your machine right .  What bushing keeps failing?
Lightning

How hard is it to install the R3 Upgrade into an ARIENS 824 - Model 932101?
Reply #4   Oct 18, 2011 3:36 pm
Vinny -

Would you be able to give your 2 cents about the complexity and amount of time it took to install the R3 Drive Update into your 824?  I have the same model and am interested in installing the upgrade, but am unsure if I should even attempt it on my own or find a local dealer.  I acknowledge that it might be hard to answer based simply on the fact that everyone has different skill and comfort levels with tearing into stuff like this, but I thought I'd inquire to see what you thought.  I've looked at the parts diagram/blow up on the Ariens part finder and it doesn't look too horrible....

Regards,

Brian

Also - if ANYONE (Snowmann?) would like to add their thoughts and comments about installing the R3 upgrade, I'd be appreciative!

This message was modified Oct 18, 2011 by Lightning
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42