Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Is it Ok to use a 2 stage to clear ice storm break up pieces?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Mark78

Is it Ok to use a 2 stage to clear ice storm break up pieces?
Original Message   Feb 5, 2011 8:13 pm
We had a lot of sleet and freezing rain early in the week which turned in to 2-3" of solid ice. I finally broke up the layer of ice in the drive way over the last 2 days. Some pieces where it up to 2 feet long or so and all of it was as very hard not slushy.

I chose to push all of it away manually with a shovel. Just wondered if anybody would have felt comfortable doing the cleanup with a typical 2 stage (I have an Ariens compact 22)?

I was worried the large amount of very solid ice would have been really hard on everything and may have broke the shear pins.
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42