Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Deere 826 ID and low tossing distance.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
trouts2

Deere 826 ID and low tossing distance.
Original Message   Jan 17, 2011 11:47 am
   Picked up a Deere 826 yesterday.  The thing crapped out during the last storm with a brunt belt and the guy hurt is back shoveling so it got the boot. 

Nice old buzzard rig but I can't find anything on it at the Deere site.  Anyone know where I can an exploded view?  I tried the usual places that have them and nothing on this one.   It's ID plate has P826J, 127489.  If I google P826J I get new models.  Nothing on the other number.

The thing works fine after a belt replacement but it only tosses 3 - 8 feet with lots of low splatter.  I tried a few different belt sizes and tensions, and even over tight to insure no slip.  I can't see any slip with the cover off.  It has good grab, no crud in the V's, no obstruction in the housing.  It does have quite a distance from the arms to the lining, 1/2 inch.  The impleller is a 4 blade 12 inch and it should toss fairly well, 15-25. 

Does anyone have this model and could tell me what it tosses like?  I can't see any problems so guess it's a design problem but at 3-8 feet hard to imagine they could make something that bad. 

The motor certainly is not the problem, a Briggs Intek Snow 11hp a couple of years old.  I can drive into any condition snow and toss the same distance without engine sag.  Very impressive.  Anyone have a URL to an exploded view on the engine?  I can find one so I assume it a special for some maker.  It's got a 3/4 shaft.  3BSXS 3422HT 275387.  I can't get anything found at the Briggs site.  Googling I get 275385 which is a 10hp but nothing for 275487.  There are lots of hits for 3BXSX 3422HT but no motor like this.

This message was modified Jan 17, 2011 by trouts2
Replies: 26 - 30 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ahw2698

Re: Deere 826 ID and low tossing distance.
Reply #26   Feb 1, 2011 9:09 pm
What would it entail for me to step up to a 3 inch pully? What I have now is a "two in one" style pulley. One piece of metal with two wheels of the same diameter (2 1/2 I think). I would assume I would keep the drive pulley to same diameter and jump the auger pulley up to 3"? Would I be able to do this with two individual pulleys, or would I have to get a double with the 3 inch / 2.5 inch combo? 

The other question I have would be with what size auger belt I would need with the bigger pulley. Is sizing for that going to be trial and error?

Dr_Woof

Don't blow into the wind, and don't eat yellow snow. WOOF!

Reply #27   Feb 1, 2011 9:12 pm
Does the auger shaft wobble around in the bearing?  Maybe you just have a very warb bearing.

trouts2

Reply #28   Feb 1, 2011 10:17 pm
Woof, At least on mine the auger support bearing is fine. 

ahw,

Double or single is ok.   Murrays have a dual that can be used.  I had to go up an inch on mine going from 2.5 to 3.  HW stores are pretty good about exchanging or returning belts.  If you can't locate pulleys email me for a possible second hand source.  Email at link below.

bashtonmcse

Reply #29   Nov 9, 2011 6:56 pm
I recently picked up an 826 from my Brother in Law.  I have the front end disassembled and have decided to implement some of the changes discussed in this thread.  I am going to purchase the auger kit.  I have already done minor repairs to the auger where it was bent, probably from stones.  I would like to look for a replacement pulley that is either a 2.5/3 or even a 2.5/3.5.  Can anyone tell me the best way to find such an item.  My experience in the past is that to get a part you really need a part number.   I have picked up a couple of the auger bearings from JD and noticed they have changed a little.  They are a little longer now and have a grease seal on them.  maybe they will last a little longer.
Shryp

Reply #30   Nov 9, 2011 8:32 pm
I would say have a look here or a local Tractor Supply Company.
http://www.mfgsupply.com/mower/mowerpull.html

http://www.tractorsupply.com/
Replies: 26 - 30 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42