Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How to measure amount of gas left in a 2.5 gallon container? Plus life span of gas w/fuel stabilizer???

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
WoodyWW

How to measure amount of gas left in a 2.5 gallon container? Plus life span of gas w/fuel stabilizer???
Original Message   Jan 31, 2011 12:54 pm
I have some gas leftover from last August, that I put fuel stabilizer in. But it's in one of those 2.5 gallon red poly jugs so I don't know the amount. I'd like to use it in my Toro 221Q, but I'd have to pour it into the jug I use for the gas/2 cycle oil mix, & then figure how much of the 2 cycle oil to use (that's in one of those little bottles to put in 1 gal. of gas). I'm thinking, weigh the gas?? I have a very accurate scale.

This is b/c there's another big 2 days of snow coming in the Northeast tomorrow, & I may not get out to buy more fresh gas before. TIA for any advice......

PS--I just held the gas jug up to the light, & realized there are markings on it by the 1/2 gal. Looks like it's slightly less than 3/4 gal. Q.: If I need to do this, & then have to estimate the amount of 2 cycle oil, should I err on the side of too much oil?
This message was modified Jan 31, 2011 by WoodyWW
Replies: 9 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ratdog

Re: How to measure amount of gas left in a 2.5 gallon container? Plus life span of gas w/fuel stabilizer???
Reply #9   Feb 1, 2011 4:39 pm
Woody, Next time you run out of gas, you can always siphon some out of the car for the snowblower. RD
Replies: 9 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42