Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Deluxe ST28LE (28") 249cc (921022) Headlight Question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cg1200

Ariens Deluxe ST28LE (28") 249cc (921022) Headlight Question
Original Message   Jan 20, 2011 10:53 pm
I just received this model today and spent quite a while putting it together (mostly due to my own stupidty). However I cannot figure out for the life of me how or where to attach the headlight. The directions in the manual just say to attach it to the bolt on the right side of the dash. But the bolt isn't nearly long enough to hold the headlight on. Most of the pictures I've seen online show the headlight mounted to the front part of the dash not on the side of the frame attached to a bolt. I spent an hour trying to figure this out. If someone could post a picture or explain how to attach it I'd be grateful. I feel so stupid, but I see nothing to fasten it to.
Replies: 9 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
cg1200

Re: Ariens Deluxe ST28LE (28") 249cc (921022) Headlight Question
Reply #9   Jan 22, 2011 7:15 pm
I felt like my 15 year old Craftsman blower that I was replacing was sabotoging me! I felt doomed to have to bring it to a shop and have it setup properly. I felt like such a jackass. I'm not the handiest guy in the world but I'm not as pathetic as this thread reads. I will say that once it was all working I felt a sense of accomplishment for overcoming horrendous instructions and my own epic stupidity. Now watch, it won't snow any more this season!
cheryl

Reply #10   Feb 1, 2011 12:44 pm
So I finally got the headlight installed properly (thanks to you all). I had originally installed it on the outside.  In any event, that doesn't matter because the light doesn't work! I got the blower at HD in October and just used it last week for the first time.

It was AWESOME, btw -- powered through the slush and guck like it was nothing! I had a little trouble with the area at the end of the driveway that the plows packed in, but I think its because I am short & lightweight -- no leverage to puch it down.

I realized (after I used it) that the light didn't work!  Today, I went out, carefully pulled the cord out of the back of the light and pushed it back in...it clicked, so it should work! I don't know what else to do! Do any of you have an idea of what I can do?

Thanks,

Cheryl

FrankMA

Reply #11   Feb 1, 2011 1:29 pm
cheryl: Start it up and see if the light works. If not, it might just need a new bulb.

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
Replies: 9 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42