Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens attachment pulley adjustment

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
solara

Ariens attachment pulley adjustment
Original Message   Jan 29, 2005 4:37 pm
The manual, page 24, states that the attachment pulley is held (and adjusted)on by set screws. the manual suggests that one gets to them by removing belt cover.

i see the set screws on the engine sheave(?) But where are the set screws on the attacment pulley.

On the shaft??? i just do not see them.

Are they accessed to w/ just the belt cover off?  Are hey hex nuts?  figure 21 does not point them out.

also how does the idler puley adjust left and right. i To center the belt)   I  see how it goes in and out..

thanx.

gripes:

Ithe manual

a)could be clearer;

b)the nut sizes could be indicated

c)  the applicable picture and`text could be on same page.  (i printed a manula from he web site and still the diagrams can be 3 pages from the text.

II  speed selector.

the shaft does not fit into the fastest gear foward notch. even when  it is disconnected from the shaft

III adjustments:

why???? aren't cars more complicated. And usually hey are fine off the lot.

This message was modified Jan 29, 2005 by solara

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
Replies: 1 - 17 of 17View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 17 of 17View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42