Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Use of snow blowers on steep incline.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
DougDeLashmutt

Use of snow blowers on steep incline.
Original Message   Nov 8, 2010 8:22 pm
Hi All.  I am going to buy a snow blower soon and need some advice.  My driveway is between 20% to 30% grade for about 150 feet..   I am concerded that a wheel drive snow blower will not be able to get up a drive that steep with snow on the drive.  At what angle of incline does a trak drive blower need to be considered?  What is the primary puopose of trak drive?. 

Thanks!

Doug D

Thanks everybody for the input. 

Doug D

This message was modified Nov 9, 2010 by DougDeLashmutt
Replies: 23 - 24 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
NHSnowbeast

Re: Use of snow blowers on steep incline.
Reply #23   Jan 20, 2011 2:24 pm
DougDeLashmutt wrote:
Hi All.  I am going to buy a snow blower soon and need some advice.  My driveway is between 20% to 30% grade for about 150 feet..   I am concerded that a wheel drive snow blower will not be able to get up a drive that steep with snow on the drive.  At what angle of incline does a trak drive blower need to be considered?  What is the primary puopose of trak drive?. 

Thanks!

Doug D

Thanks everybody for the input. 

Doug D

20-30% incline is the most I have ever heard!
Paul7

Re: Use of snow blowers on steep incline.
Reply #24   Jan 20, 2011 3:05 pm
NHSnowbeast wrote:
20-30% incline is the most I have ever heard!

Right, that is extremely steep.  I have a sloped driveway but nothing like that.  Definitely tracks.  Wheels with chains will get up and down your driveway but a tracked machine won't roll away if you have to let go of it.
Replies: 23 - 24 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42