Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > If you had $1500.00 to spend?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tgseaver

If you had $1500.00 to spend?
Original Message   Jan 3, 2011 11:09 am
And lived in the Northeast,with a 175 foot driveway,with a slight incline, and a rather large turning pad what snow blower would you buy? Currently have a 12 year old, 24", 7 hp Yardman that I need to retire soon! Thanks in advance.
Replies: 40 - 42 of 42Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
skier1

Re: If you had $1500.00 to spend?
Reply #40   Jan 5, 2011 9:05 am
Not to rain on the parade of CR bashing, but to bring this back to the original point about our freinds snow blower question, I purchased a Simplicity, albeit used, i still would have spent the full retail on it, B&S engine solid chassis, bar controls, (not beating on the Toro's, but not cables) I just felt that the Simplicity or JD was the best value in my opinion...

if we want to beat on other research forums, lets start another discussion and not wast this thread...

Cheers

Doug

MN_Runner

Reply #41   Jan 5, 2011 7:11 pm
What about Honda 520AS or Toro 421QE?  Any of these two single staged snowthrower will do the job for most conditions for the wife.  With the remaining money and either 421 or 520 is not enough then I would buy a 2 staged blower (Ariends, Deere or Toro).
trouts2

Reply #42   Jan 5, 2011 8:00 pm
For who makes Deere, Snapper and Simplicity see:

http://www.abbysguide.com/ope/discussions/52489-0-1.html

There's not much mention there about Snapper but I went through their models the other day and they parallel Deere and Simplicity being not close but an exact match.  Catt's list of Simplicity models can have a name change to Snapper.  Over the years Deere had many people make for them.  Interesting the Deere guy pooh-hoo'ed the new line.  In the past Deere was MTD, Murray, Ariens and others.  Big quality variation.   The Briggs line may not be the best but in the past he probably carried worse.

This message was modified Jan 5, 2011 by trouts2
Replies: 40 - 42 of 42Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42