Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > older John Deere snow thrower carb.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
vern123

older John Deere snow thrower carb.
Original Message   Jan 1, 2011 8:44 pm
I have an old (P726F) J.D. machine with a 7 h.p. Tecumseh  engine. Just bought it, sat for a few years. I need to rebuild carb,dirt in system and fuel pours out of bottom of fuel bowl. How do you remove it (carb)? 2-nuts spin on the studs! Can I do carb rebuild on machine?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
borat

Re: older John Deere snow thrower carb.
Reply #1   Jan 1, 2011 9:20 pm
vern123 wrote:
I have an old (P726F) J.D. machine with a 7 h.p. Tecumseh  engine. Just bought it, sat for a few years. I need to rebuild carb,dirt in system and fuel pours out of bottom of fuel bowl. How do you remove it (carb)? 2-nuts spin on the studs! Can I do carb rebuild on machine?

Post some pics of the carb.  It will help us assist you.

In the meantime, the carb is usually held on by two nuts on studs.   Study the linkage if it does not all come off with carb.  Some of the linkage (governor) will have to be disconnected before removal. 

You don't need to rebuild the carb.  It probably only needs to be cleaned.   Just use a very thin wire and run it through every orifice, jet and gallery on the carb.  Follow up with blasts of WD-40 or something similar then blow everything out with air.  Be very careful handling the float mechanism.  Look around for another previous recent carb topic for explanation on how to clean it.
Shryp

Re: older John Deere snow thrower carb.
Reply #2   Jan 1, 2011 10:18 pm
Are you sure those studs are not really philips screws?

Also, depending on how bad it is you might be able to get away with just tipping the machine on the bucket and cleaning the carb on the machine.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42