Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 24" 2 stage snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
gotoguy

24" 2 stage snowblower
Original Message   Nov 8, 2010 10:28 am
which of these 3 is the most powerful and reliable?

Simplicity I1224E @ $1099, Ariens ST24E Deluxe @ $996, Ariens ST24DLE Platinum @ $1,290,  Husqvarna 11524E @ $1,300 or Husqvarna 924SB @ $850

Any other brands, models that are better and why?

Also which engine do I want....Briggs, Subaru or LCT?

This message was modified Nov 8, 2010 by gotoguy
Replies: 18 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
gotoguy

Re: 24" 2 stage snowblower
Reply #18   Dec 27, 2010 7:50 pm
gotoguy wrote:
to close this thread, after checking out each of the blowers above, I just purchased an Ariens Platinum 24" blower model # 921017 from a local equipment dealer.  Paid $1,299+ tax

Initial comments are that the unit appears to be assembled and prepped well.  All the critical fasteners and components have a chaulk mark next to/on them.  All systems/features appear to be functioning correctly and I'm happy to report that after a dozen starts and stops and 20 minutes run time the Briggs 1150 249cc Polar Force engine has yet to backfire.

Thanks to those that replied as well snowmann and slinger to my PM.

as a follow up to my purchase...got to use my new blower a few hours ago following the1st storm of the season last night.  My Ariens Platinum 24" had no problem with handling 18"+ as well EOD but the front weight kit and tire chains both of which I will order tomorrow should only improve removal.

BTW, engine still hasn't backfired when shutting it down from full throttle.

This message was modified Dec 27, 2010 by gotoguy
Steve_Cebu

Re: 24" 2 stage snowblower
Reply #19   Dec 27, 2010 9:44 pm
gotoguy wrote:
as a follow up to my purchase...got to use my new blower a few hours ago following the1st storm of the season last night.  My Ariens Platinum 24" had no problem with handling 18"+ as well EOD but the front weight kit and tire chains both of which I will order tomorrow should only improve removal.

BTW, engine still hasn't backfired when shutting it down from full throttle.

My Toro will ride up if i go too fast even in light stuff but that is more because of my driveway than the machine itself. My wife works out so I have plenty of weight plates lying around. But for me it won't help even in 3 inches of light stuff it pops up too easily on the slight rolling in the driveway and the EOD is way off camber so no love lost there. It's ok tho as 3rd is a comfortable walking speed and I use 1st or 2nd for the EOD to get all of it on the first pass. Going down the driveway I can go much faster than up it.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Replies: 18 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42