Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Which single stage has the most power

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
chefwong

Which single stage has the most power
Original Message   Oct 27, 2010 8:36 am
Preface: I've have has a HS520. Due to space contraints, etc - I'm not looking at 2 stage. Single stage for the most part is a perfect fit just short of....living on the right side and the plows only plow to the right so I cam constantly getting plowed in... Throw is fine already on the HS520. I was only curios does the 421/221 or even any current models on the market may have a bit more bite on the EOD/overnight plowed snow...
Replies: 140 - 145 of 145Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
chefwong

Re: Which single stage has the most power
Reply #140   Dec 27, 2010 4:35 pm
I shouldn't have flipped that 2 stager but it was more like a poney rather than a horse.

I've yet to tackle the driveway yet as plows have not even plowed our street, so it's a futile effort as the EOD will merrily come and wall me in.

The biggest difference I did notice was while throw is less, it NEVER stalled out on me, whereas with the 520, with the stuff I have done today, it would have easily stalled numerous times...
Go figure. I recall reading the torque specs between the 2 engines and the #'s were not that far off between each other. Nevertheless, I was quite surprised this little red pony did not stall once when tackling 2 foot high snow today. It just got annoying constantly clearing the jammed chute but I bid my own poison without the 2 stager. No regrets though cause I do feel the power was lacking ...for a big heavy metal impeller/auger...
aa335

Reply #141   Dec 27, 2010 4:43 pm
Are you keeping the 621 or flipping it? 
chefwong

Reply #142   Dec 27, 2010 5:15 pm
Not, until something more enticing comes along....
Saw a blurb on a Sno Tek 200CC - http://www.ariens.com/products_snow/sno_tek/single-stage/Pages/default.aspx

For flat pavement, I have always like the singles.
it's a much better dance partner .

That Yammy sure is enticing...
School is back in session tomorrow, and I need to freshen up on my customs import duty knowledge.
aa335

Reply #143   Dec 27, 2010 5:28 pm
chefwong wrote:
That Yammy sure is enticing...

What model?
chefwong

Reply #144   Dec 27, 2010 5:41 pm
'ole blue 928. I learned my lessons a couple times on impulse overseas buying....
I was on a Hazet and Stahwille frenzy once and ordered a boatload of wrenches. Unbeknowingst to me, I got hit with quite a but of customs ontop..
MN_Runner

Reply #145   Dec 27, 2010 5:59 pm
What if you take the old one in and trade it  so one snowblower goes into Canada and out with a Yamaha into USA?  I am not an international tax lawyer (I only represent injured people who were harmed by high power and expansive snowblowers) so this idea probably has many holes and incorrect assumptions.
Replies: 140 - 145 of 145Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42