Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Finaly got my Toro 826OXE............

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stresst

Finaly got my Toro 826OXE............
Original Message   Dec 23, 2010 10:42 pm
Well after a hectic week at work, I finally got my Toro 826 home and have a few questions. First off has anyone had any issues with the wiring for the electric start? Seems poorly routed, not tied down and seems its only a matter of time before a branch or other foreign object rips it off unless I do something. Next up, one thing I didnt realizre and assumed when spending 1500 on a snow blower that it would have heated grips but with there design I dont think its possible. Lastly what kind of gas do these briggs like? 87/89/93 octane?? The craftmsman I used for years only liked the high octane or the plug would foul out after a tank or two gas.

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 3 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
woweh

Re: Finaly got my Toro 826OXE............
Reply #3   Dec 25, 2010 12:29 am
Hi,

I have the same machine, I run the higher octane only because they say it is winter gas around here(Canada)and has anti icing properties? The lower octane is good but for the price difference and with the little amount it uses throughout the season, I just get the higher octane. As for the wiring, I guess if your using it around brush or bush, it could be of concern but I haven't had any problem with it, I guess you could cable tie it and not worry about it! Also, I don't use the electric start regularly, but like to use it every so often, so it doesn't seize up! My 2 cents. Merry Christmas!!!

Steve_Cebu

Reply #4   Dec 25, 2010 10:12 am
stresst wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Any positive's to using 91-93 octane? As far as my orignal post im refering to the wiring "hanging" off this side of the machine. I will try and take a picture tomorrow. Maybe you can take a pic of yours so I can see how the wiring is routed.

The dealer told me that it's best to use the cheap stuff, so that's what I use. The extra 60 cents wouldn't break me but higher octane burns hotter I believe. I'm sure these engines can handle it, but I just go by what the dealer says. I have no wires hanging off of mine. Post a pic and I'll look at it and compare it to mine

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
njal

Reply #5   Dec 26, 2010 10:28 pm
stresst wrote:
Well after a hectic week at work, I finally got my Toro 826 home and have a few questions. First off has anyone had any issues with the wiring for the electric start? Seems poorly routed, not tied down and seems its only a matter of time before a branch or other foreign object rips it off unless I do something. Next up, one thing I didnt realizre and assumed when spending 1500 on a snow blower that it would have heated grips but with there design I dont think its possible. Lastly what kind of gas do these briggs like? 87/89/93 octane?? The craftmsman I used for years only liked the high octane or the plug would foul out after a tank or two gas.

Lots of luck with your new machine!

That is a fine machine.

Replies: 3 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42