Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS 928TAS Commercial Skid Shoes

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
New_Yorker

Preach the Gospel always, use words when necessary

Honda HS 928TAS Commercial Skid Shoes
Original Message   Dec 20, 2010 6:01 pm
I purchased and installed the Commercial Skid Shoes on the New Honda HS 928TAS tracked snowblower.   If you are considering this, here is what you should know.  YOU have to locate, center-punch and drill  4 -  1/8" pilot holes, then open them up with an 11/32" steel drill.  The bolts and lock-nuts Honda supplies are plain steel, as in they should rust together fairly quick on the bottom front of the machine.  If you hope to ever adjust them again, or remove them go to www.allensfasteners.com and order 8 mm X 20 SS Hex Bolts, lock washers, fender washers, and lock-nuts also made of SS.  Then you can trash the Honda quick rust serrated flange bolts, and nuts the Commercial Skid Shoes come with, Honda Gypped me on the washers they were supposed to have in the kit, you'll havta buy your own.  I chose 8 mm SS fender washers to secure the shoes in place.

When the light decision is made, I'll let you know how it goes.

Replies: 1 - 14 of 14View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 14 of 14View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42