Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > old Sears Craftsman 8 HP snowblower Tecumseh motor...I need a new carburetor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
skidood

old Sears Craftsman 8 HP snowblower Tecumseh motor...I need a new carburetor
Original Message   Dec 17, 2010 9:40 pm
Hi Folks

I cant find any Tecumseh model# on this engine, the Sears model# for the snowblower is C950-52118-2.

I think Sears removed the label from the engine when the snowblower was built.

I think the snowblower is at least 12 years old.

I want to purchase a new carburetor for it.

The only other info I can find is that according to the Tecumseh Technicians handbook, the carburetor is a Series 3.

Can anyone help me? 

Thanks,  Andy

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
jrtrebor

Re: old Sears Craftsman 8 HP snowblower Tecumseh motor...I need a new carburetor
Reply #1   Dec 18, 2010 12:51 am
Hi Andy
On the older Tecumseh engines the numbers were usually stamped on the top of the shroud right along the front edge. (standing behind the blower)
 If it has electric start the numbers are probably hidden by the starter button. If it's mounted on top of the engine like a lot of them are.
You'll have to remove the two screws and move it out of the way to see the numbers.

skidood

Re: old Sears Craftsman 8 HP snowblower Tecumseh motor...I need a new carburetor
Reply #2   Dec 18, 2010 3:02 pm
AHA!!  I found the engine model number.  Thanks jrtrebor!

HMSK 80 155479R

Can anyone look up the carb # ??  THANKS!

This message was modified Dec 18, 2010 by skidood
Shryp

Reply #3   Dec 18, 2010 3:37 pm
http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=tecumseh&mn=HMSK80+155479R

632334A
This message was modified Dec 18, 2010 by Shryp
skidood

Reply #4   Dec 18, 2010 3:40 pm
ya, I guess in hindsight,  I coulda looked it up myself online somewhere....thanks very much, I just ordered one.  Have a good weekend!
This message was modified Dec 18, 2010 by skidood
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42