Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Removing Choke Knob on Ariens 926 Pro with Tecumseh OHSK 80-130 engine

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
garysherck

Removing Choke Knob on Ariens 926 Pro with Tecumseh OHSK 80-130 engine
Original Message   Dec 13, 2010 1:10 pm
I am trying to remove the cover of the Tecumseh engine to get to the carb. All the screws are removed. However, I am unable to remove the Choke Knob. I thought it would just slip off the shaft. However, it appears to be attached inside the cover, which I want to remove to get to the carb. Ariens has the knob well attached to the choke shaft. I think I will have to drain the fuel, then tip the blower on edge to see how it is attached. Or, maybe I can get to the connection from underneath the cover. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, gary
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
JohnnyBoyUpNorth

Re: Removing Choke Knob on Ariens 926 Pro with Tecumseh OHSK 80-130 engine
Reply #1   Dec 13, 2010 1:47 pm
I have an engine like yours on one of my machines. The choke knob will come off the shaft. It'll pry off and go flying. If your luck is like mine, it'll fly into a snowbank or behind something heavy.

Contents under pressure....
garysherck

Re: Removing Choke Knob on Ariens 926 Pro with Tecumseh OHSK 80-130 engine
Reply #2   Dec 14, 2010 8:56 am
Thanks. We were, with effort, able to remove the knob from the shaft. I was afraid that something would break, but the knob did come off the shaft, and we were able to get to the carb.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42