Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > blew the oil fill cap off my JD 1130

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
lanningjw

blew the oil fill cap off my JD 1130
Original Message   Dec 12, 2010 4:14 pm
My JD 1130 oil fill cap came loose. Oil blew all over, shut down the engine right away. Where can I get a replacement on a Sunday for Snow Max BS engine. Maybe Northern will have the yellow cap. Its not the dipstick - it is the oil fill cap below on the engine.
From Drop Box
This message was modified Dec 12, 2010 by lanningjw
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Shryp

Re: blew the oil fill cap off my JD 1130
Reply #1   Dec 12, 2010 4:16 pm
Any small engine place should have them.  Find a repair place and they might have a blown up engine sitting in the back and let you have one.
borat

Reply #2   Dec 12, 2010 5:53 pm
If you can't find a replacement cap, and you're desperate, you could try to use one of those rubber type wine bottle corks.  Keep it good and warm and try to screw it into the hole.  You might have to trim the end a bit to get it started.  If it goes in far enough, it should hold long enough to get work done.  Just keep an eye  on it.
snowmachine

Reply #3   Dec 12, 2010 6:56 pm
borat wrote:
If you can't find a replacement cap, and you're desperate, you could try to use one of those rubber type wine bottle corks.  Keep it good and warm and try to screw it into the hole.  You might have to trim the end a bit to get it started.  If it goes in far enough, it should hold long enough to get work done.  Just keep an eye  on it.

That's a good tip I need to file away if needed.
JohnWI

Reply #4   Dec 13, 2010 1:17 am
lanningjw wrote:

From Drop Box

I love the angle!  Looks like a firehose!

2011 Ariens Pro 28; Toro 210R, older Powerlite and a generic single stage w/ Tec. engine.

God Bless America!

skier1

Reply #5   Dec 13, 2010 8:03 am
Stop aiming that thing at the roof of the Dome!!!

nice disctance and control, great picture!

Doug

lanningjw

Reply #6   Dec 13, 2010 9:17 pm
Replaced the cap today at local hardware store for 2 bucks. I love that picture, to bad all the snow was hitting the dome...lol....
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42