Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Lifan engines? HD deal $249.00, 15 HP, free ship

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Lifan engines? HD deal $249.00, 15 HP, free ship
Original Message   Dec 10, 2010 10:12 am
Came across this deal today & it seems too good to resist, 15 HP for $249 + free shipping! My biggest concern is cold weather usage on my snow blower.
Anyone know if they have a primer bulb and how they perform in general? Please, no rants about Chinese knock offs, I too am worried about the wallmart effect.

Cheers

https://t.me/pump_upp
Replies: 11 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
borat

Re: Lifan engines? HD deal $249.00, 15 HP, free ship
Reply #11   Dec 10, 2010 8:40 pm
Good pics Trouts.

I'd look at attaching a piece of metal to the top of the exhaust  shield and extend it over toward the air cleaner.  I'd make it long enough to put a 90 degree bend in it to add more protection at the end near the engine head, (opposite the fuel tank).
niper99

Reply #12   Dec 11, 2010 12:42 am
Borat,

l personally leave my engines as they come right out of the box, well l remove the air filter of course:), at first l thought l would half to make heat shield to due to carb "iceing", but it doesnt seem to be an issue at all.  my cousin drilled a hole in the air cleaner and fitted up a tube that goes over to the exhasut, but mine are stock and no problems.

borat

Reply #13   Dec 11, 2010 9:27 am
JohnnyBoyUpNorth wrote:
I don't want to answer on their behalf, but the lack of a heat shroud was the only complaint I've had with a Lifan engine. Works great, but on a bitter night with snow swirling around, it tends to ice up. The thing won't throttle down with all the ice on the linkage. I've tried different things to protect the linkage from freezing up, from tin to coffee cans. Spray Silicone seems to work the best. It still ices up, but the ice doesn't stick nearly as bad. It would be nice if there was a decent Honda schematic to make a shroud that would work.

As per above post, it seems that some people are having trouble with carb linkage freezing.
This message was modified Dec 11, 2010 by borat
Replies: 11 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42