Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > TIP: How To move that track snowblower when its not running.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
New_Yorker

Preach the Gospel always, use words when necessary

TIP: How To move that track snowblower when its not running.
Original Message   Dec 4, 2010 9:04 pm
Track snowblowers are a bear to push when the engine is off.  The honda I just bought is very difficult to push in just a straight line (After DIS-engaging the Transmission -Or You can Do Severe Damage).  I simply tipped it up in front, slipped a 'Creeper' (those things you lay down on with wheels under them so you can slide under the car to work on it) under it, tilted it forward so the tracks rest on the frame of the creeper, and now I can easily roll the machine any where I want with very little effort. I've even decided to fasten a piece of 2 ft X 4 Ft Plywood (1/2" or heavier) so it doesn't have to be aimed so precisely when doing this.   It has the advantage of being able to move the entire snowblower in any direction, even sideways when desired.  The Creeper I used was a Free bonus when I bought a floor jack from Summit Racing some years back, and I rarely ever used it.
Replies: 13 - 22 of 32Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
aa335

Re: TIP: How To move that track snowblower when its not running.
Reply #13   Dec 8, 2010 3:05 pm
Thanks for sharing, while we're all waiting here for snow to arrive, anyone else want to come out of the closet?

Come on, turd polishers, sock sniffers, and bed wetters, share your story here.  No tree huggers!
This message was modified Dec 8, 2010 by aa335
FrankMA

Reply #14   Dec 8, 2010 5:50 pm
Hi trouts2: Just curious, did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid???....

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
trouts2

Reply #15   Dec 8, 2010 7:01 pm

Fish and paint chips are a delicacy where I grew up.  I was born with such a host of mental maladies that any damage from paint chips would hardly be noticed.   I took a Rorschach test when I was eleven and the shrink ran out of the room screaming. 

By the eighth grade my IQ had improved to 40 and 60 by high school.  After high school the family moved next to a university and by osmosis when walking the grounds consider myself as educated at the graduates given their achievements in beer, pot and partying.   I could now be a Menza Fellow but don’t want to show off.  I’m a solid addition to the gene pool. 

Hay, I own a snowblower.  What more could you want for proof of taste, good character and sky high IQ? 

When I latch on to handlebars and charge through EOD the blower knows who’s at the helm. 

My technique is so good I can march a 4hp through a 5 foot EOD and get results like no other.  Snowblowers feel the power emanating from the helm and use it to toss 60 and better.  It’s all in authority and firm mastery of the art of snowblowing.  Around here I’m known as The Skipper of the Driveway and have the same legal authority as the skipper on a ship.  I can marry people in my driveway after clearing and have a snowblower near by.  Not to brag of course.  Just letting you know the tall order honcho your dealing with.

Steve_Cebu

Reply #16   Dec 8, 2010 7:08 pm
trouts2 wrote:

Fish and paint chips are a delicacy where I grew up.  I was born with such a host of mental maladies that any damage from paint chips would hardly be noticed.   I took a Rorschach test when I was eleven and the shrink ran out of the room screaming. 

By the eighth grade my IQ had improved to 40 and 60 by high school.  After high school the family moved next to a university and by osmosis when walking the grounds consider myself as educated at the graduates given their achievements in beer, pot and partying.   I could now be a Menza Fellow but don’t want to show off.  I’m a solid addition to the gene pool. 

Hay, I own a snowblower.  What more could you want for proof of taste, good character and sky high IQ? 

When I latch on to handlebars and charge through EOD the blower knows who’s at the helm. 

My technique is so good I can march a 4hp through a 5 foot EOD and get results like no other.  Snowblowers feel the power emanating from the helm and use it to toss 60 and better.  It’s all in authority and firm mastery of the art of snowblowing.  Around here I’m known as The Skipper of the Driveway and have the same legal authority as the skipper on a ship.  I can marry people in my driveway after clearing and have a snowblower near by.  Not to brag of course.  Just letting you know the tall order honcho your dealing with.

And they said the art of sarcasm was dead.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
FrankMA

Reply #17   Dec 8, 2010 8:14 pm
trouts2 wrote: 

I'm ready to go with my HS928TA - just say the word......

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
trouts2

Reply #18   Dec 8, 2010 9:27 pm
   That's the sprit Frank, ready, agressive and itching to boot some snow around.  Me too.  I've got my policeman's blue snowblowing jumpsuit all laid you ready go.  It's got a beautiful gold reflective stripes down the legs and arms, epaulets, and chevrons all over imparting a bold dash of authority.  You got a truck?  You could bring over the Honda.  The garage has lots of room and I got an extra dolly here.  We could party.  
This message was modified Dec 8, 2010 by trouts2
aa335

Reply #19   Dec 9, 2010 9:17 am
FrankMA wrote:

I'm ready to go with my HS928TA - just say the word......

Squirrel !!!
borat

Reply #20   Dec 9, 2010 10:03 am
trouts2 wrote:
   That's the sprit Frank, ready, agressive and itching to boot some snow around.  Me too.  I've got my policeman's blue snowblowing jumpsuit all laid you ready go.  It's got a beautiful gold reflective stripes down the legs and arms, epaulets, and chevrons all over imparting a bold dash of authority.  You got a truck?  You could bring over the Honda.  The garage has lots of room and I got an extra dolly here.  We could party.  

Yo Trouts:

Get someone to go into your garage and mess things up real good before Frank arrives.  He'll go off the deep end.  He'll be like a whirling dervish organizing and setting everything straight.  When he's done, you can both do double and triple checks of everything just to make sure nothing is out of place!  Order is critical!

I've got a friend with OCD.  He's a "checker".  Takes him five minutes to leave his house, another five minutes to start his car and another five minutes to shut it off. 

He also rides a motorcycle.  Takes him two minutes to make sure the side stand is down.  He get's off the bike, looks at the side stand, lightly kicks it a few times, shakes the bike a bit, couple more kicks, another shake, walks away, maybe ten feet, turns around and repeats.  It's truly painful to watch.
This message was modified Dec 9, 2010 by borat
FrankMA

Reply #21   Dec 9, 2010 3:26 pm
trouts2 wrote:

Can I bring my own Dolly? My Honda is very particular about it's Dolly!

aa335

Reply #22   Dec 9, 2010 3:55 pm
FrankMA wrote:
Hi trouts2: Just curious, did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid???....

I think there were more than just paint chips ingested. 
Replies: 13 - 22 of 32Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42