Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Tecumseh OH195sp - Carburetor Problems - on Ariens Snowblower 7524

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
johnbgood

Tecumseh OH195sp - Carburetor Problems - on Ariens Snowblower 7524
Original Message   Nov 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Problems with snow blower not running very well. Took apart carburetor and found a bunch crud in the bowl. Tried cleaning all of the jets and air intakes with cleaner and when I took the float/needle out there was something foreign that was all corroded and in pieces. Is there suppose to be a gasket or a rubber piece that resides in that hole where the needle sits in at the bottom? I sprayed cleaner in there and it's now all washed out. I noticed that after reinstalling the needle with the float that it's now up against the carburetor. Something doesn't seem right. I would greatly appreciate any feedback or help.

Thank you!

This message was modified Nov 25, 2010 by johnbgood
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Shryp

Re: Tecumseh OH195sp - Carburetor Problems - on Ariens Snowblower 7524
Reply #1   Nov 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Yes, there is a gasket in there.  It is called a needle and seat.
Any small engine repair place should have one for you.

http://www.mowpart.com/product_info.php?products_id=1149

When you get a new one, get a drill bit that is just slightly smaller and use the back side to push it in.
Also the seat has to be put in a certain way.  Both sides are different.

One side is flat, that side faces the needle.  The other side has a very small ring around it, that faces the carb / fuel line.
This message was modified Nov 25, 2010 by Shryp
trouts2

Reply #2   Nov 25, 2010 7:18 pm
Once the seat and needle are in flip the carb over.  The float should end up about parallel with the bowl rum when the needle is in its seat.  Some measure that gap with an 11/64 drill resting on the bowl rim.   Adjust with the tab on the float that catches the needle clip.
This message was modified Nov 25, 2010 by trouts2
borat

Reply #3   Nov 25, 2010 7:45 pm
Be very careful when working with the float and it's attachment mechanism.  Be gentle when working with these parts.   If you get the new parts installed and have not changed the original settings of the float etc., it should go right back in with the correct adjustment.  If you've bent the float lever at all, you could find yourself in for a lot of trial and error.  Trouts recommendation to use the appropriate sized drill bit to get the float setting correct is good info. 
johnbgood

Reply #4   Nov 26, 2010 7:57 am
Excellent! Thank you for responding back to my posting. I was getting ready to buy a new carb, but feel the challenge to get this fixed on a small budget.

Thanks again!
John

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42