Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Looking to buy a leaf blower, Echo, or Husqvarna?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
drifter

Looking to buy a leaf blower, Echo, or Husqvarna?
Original Message   Oct 30, 2010 3:41 pm
Guys, I'm going to buy a leaf-blower, probably as early as tomorrow. I came across two "used" back-pack blower; one is the Huqvarna, 155BT, 48cc's,and the other is an Echo PB-651H / 63,3 cc's, with one year left on the warranty.

http://www.newhavenpower.com/Echo_PB_651H.html

http://www.northwestpowertools.com/lawnandgarden/blowers/155bt.htm

Any thoughts?
Replies: 4 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
MacGarage

Re: Looking to buy a leaf blower, Echo, or Husqvarna?
Reply #4   Nov 1, 2010 10:00 am
I have the PB413H unit. This is my third year with it and it has been flawless. I have done the tune-up items and it starts on the first pull. I use it for leaves and after I cut the grass. For $44, I am seriously looking at getting the gutter cleaning kit although I have some second story gutters (I have a pressure washer wand for those but hate doing it in the fall when the water and leaves that fall on you are a little cold). The Echo should do the job for a good while for you.
aa335

Reply #5   Nov 1, 2010 10:28 am
drifter wrote:
Done deal The unit looks brand new, starts very easily, and I was VERY surprised at how quiet it was, for such a big machine (63.3 c.c.'s) The vendor also provided me with the original receipt and users' manual.(he paid $689.93 in 2006, I got it for $300.) This thing also moves some serious air, and despite it's large capacity, is quite easy to mount and carry. I'm a happy camper.

Did you just win the lottery or something?

If you got any money left over, I'd like to put in my list for a Ford F250 Diesel.  :)
drifter

Reply #6   Nov 1, 2010 9:15 pm
MacGarage wrote:
I have the PB413H unit. This is my third year with it and it has been flawless. I have done the tune-up items and it starts on the first pull. I use it for leaves and after I cut the grass. For $44, I am seriously looking at getting the gutter cleaning kit although I have some second story gutters (I have a pressure washer wand for those but hate doing it in the fall when the water and leaves that fall on you are a little cold). The Echo should do the job for a good while for you.

Thanks MacGarage,

You've just given me a GREAT idea. I'll check out that "gutter" accessory. I can probably make it myself. I was into designing dust-collection systems for woodworking shops, so I'm fairly fluent in things requiring air-flow / velocity, etc
drifter

Reply #7   Nov 1, 2010 9:34 pm
aa335 wrote:
Did you just win the lottery or something?

If you got any money left over, I'd like to put in my list for a Ford F250 Diesel.  :)

Geesh, I'd kill to own one of those myself.   Or,,,,, a Toyota Tundra.

One more toy to buy, and I'll stay quiet for a while,,,,, I promise.  I want a D-handle, long-shaft weed-whacker, probably an Echo or Shindaiwa. I've got a Honda brush-trimmer (bicycle-handlebars), but I find the shaft too short for some of the sloped areas I have to cut. Hopefully, that'll be it for a while.

I picked up a set of aluminum ramps today, for loading the snow-blower onto my trailer. They're 7' ramps, and they fold for easy storage. Capacity is 1400 lbs. The guy that sold me the snow-blower, had a set of ramps like that, and we loaded that lil' Honda 1132 onto the back of a GMC turbo-diesel pick-up truck, in no time flat. It was fun to see that Honda climb the ramps.I bought the ramps brand new at Canadian Tire, for $99.00. They're 40% off this week. I may change my mind on those however, since I'm putting a hitch on my car later this week, or next. That dealer says he can modify my existing tail-gate into a ramped tail-gate. I'll see what he has to offer.
This message was modified Nov 1, 2010 by drifter
aa335

Reply #8   Nov 1, 2010 11:25 pm
drifter wrote:
I picked up a set of aluminum ramps today, for loading the snow-blower onto my trailer. They're 7' ramps, and they fold for easy storage. Capacity is 1400 lbs. The guy that sold me the snow-blower, had a set of ramps like that, and we loaded that lil' Honda 1132 onto the back of a GMC turbo-diesel pick-up truck, in no time flat. It was fun to see that Honda climb the ramps.I bought the ramps brand new at Canadian Tire, for $99.00. They're 40% off this week. I may change my mind on those however, since I'm putting a hitch on my car later this week, or next. That dealer says he can modify my existing tail-gate into a ramped tail-gate. I'll see what he has to offer.

Exactly the kind of set up I'd like to get.  Heavy duty diesel truck with a ramp for my HS1132 with tracks to crawl up on.  Go anywhere during a blizzard, even to the mother in law's house to clear her driveway.  Well, anywhere but that.  :)
MacGarage

Reply #9   Nov 2, 2010 4:05 pm
I picked up the rain gutter kit from Echo. It was $47 after tax. It took about five minutes to put together.

It works great. I have two outbuildings and a first floor kitchen with gutters. It probably took ten minutes, maybe fifteen max to blow them all out. I probably will try and see what I can do about making it reach the second story gutters. Much better than a pressure washer this time of year!
drifter

Reply #10   Nov 8, 2010 6:04 pm
Good idea. I hadn't thought about the gutter cleaning attachment. I'm driving right by an Echo dealer tomorrow, on my way to get a new trailer-hitch installed on my car. I'll check out the Echo accessories while I'm there,

BTW, the leaf-blower performs extremely well. Plenty of power, not too heavy, and much quieter than I expected. I think I got very lucky with this buy.
Replies: 4 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42