Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Latest find. John Deere 1032 snowblower. some questions ??

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
TheKneebiter

Latest find. John Deere 1032 snowblower. some questions ??
Original Message   Jul 18, 2005 8:18 pm
Today i picked up an older John Deere 1032 snowblower. The unit starts on the first pull and is pretty clean with minimal rust. When you put it in drive it goes with no problem but when you engage the auger there was a terrible noise like a metal grinding. My first thought was the bearing in the auger housing was bad so i removed the tractor from the auger housing. The auger turns smooth and there is no play so that proves the bearing is fine. I found that the idler pully that puts the tension on the belt when you engage the auger is mounted to a little bar that moves up and down and at the bottom there is a weld that holds it to the shaft. The weld has a crack and the idler is off kilter. The brake looks worn like it was not disengaging when it was supposed to so i think that was the loud noise.      The unit seems to be like an Ariens the way it is set up. My questions are, How do i get info on this unit to find out the age ? The only numbers on it are 1032. I am going to weld the pully and try to bend the bar to get it in line with the belts again and replace the belts. The numbers on the old belts are worn so i need info on the unit in order to purchase new ones. I will try and get pics up this week. Thanks in advance for any help.
This message was modified Jul 22, 2005 by TheKneebiter

Replies: 28 - 29 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
skane1

Re: Latest find. John Deere 1032 snowblower. some questions ??
Reply #28   Oct 18, 2010 8:56 am
Hi..

I have the same issue with my John Deere 1028 I pick-up for  $200 and when I took it to the local small engines guy out here he quoted me $350 to get it  functional again.My unit has the 10 hp Tecumseh engine and I was told that it was 20 years old.Should I spend the money to repair the unit???It runs fine and not much rust but the drive gear box and the auger gear are shot not to mention I need new skid pads etc. 

royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Re: Latest find. John Deere 1032 snowblower. some questions ??
Reply #29   Feb 25, 2011 3:15 pm
Garandman wrote:
I asked, "Do they make their own, or are they OEM'd?"

Got two answers:

- "Ariens made them for a few years but did not supply JD with the sweeper attachments."

- "I forget who makes them for JD though. I believe it is AYP."

I realize that many things have changed over the years since this post,but now (2010-2011 ) John Deere snowblowers are  built by Briggs and Stratton,  Briggs took over a number of brands including, John Deere, Simplicity, and Snapper , also Murray when they got into financial problems. Many of the models that they build under different names are nearly identical except for their color.

Replies: 28 - 29 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42