Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Just Purchased Ariens 921022 Deluxe 2 Stage 28 inch, anything else to do before Winter/Snow hits?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Spartan

Just Purchased Ariens 921022 Deluxe 2 Stage 28 inch, anything else to do before Winter/Snow hits?
Original Message   Sep 19, 2010 4:06 pm
I just purchased a new Ariens 921022  and should be receiving it in about a week or so.  Aside from adding fuel/oil is there anything I should do or needs to be done in order to get this snow thrower Winter/snow ready?
It's replacing a 16 year old, 5HP MTD on its last leg, I can't wait to see the difference in performance/power.

Thanks for any help/tips
Replies: 25 - 25 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
borat

Re: Just Purchased Ariens 921022 Deluxe 2 Stage 28 inch, anything else to do before Winter/Snow hits?
Reply #25   Jan 5, 2011 9:23 am
Yo Orange:

I like your skids.  I made a set using 3/8"  X 1" wide X 6" long flat bar with flat side down.  Works alright on snow covered pavement but  if you have dry patches of  pavement and the skid catches it , it will pull significantly to the dry side.  The footprint is too large.  Your set up is the way to go.   
This message was modified Jan 5, 2011 by borat
Replies: 25 - 25 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42