Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > fuel filter on push mower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mcdowml

fuel filter on push mower
Original Message   Apr 14, 2010 9:23 pm
i have a craftsman 5.5 hp self propelled mower and it will crank but then shut off, i have tried to find the fuel filter but cant seem to find it.  any suggestions
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Underdog

Re: fuel filter on push mower
Reply #1   Apr 14, 2010 9:34 pm
I had a mower that would start and then die this past weekend. Turned out it was a clogged air filter. Someone had used it to mulch up old dead oak leaves.  With the air filter cleaned it ran just fine.  Is the gas in the mower old?  Did the mower run just fine when you put it away last time? Some fuel filters are inside the bottom of the gas  tank, some mowers don't have fuel filters. Can you tell if its a briggs and stratton or some other brand of motor on the mower? It sounds like its either getting too little gas or too much gas.
This message was modified Apr 14, 2010 by Underdog

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42