Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Carlisle Snow Hog tires

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
70chevelless

Carlisle Snow Hog tires
Original Message   Feb 15, 2010 3:37 pm
 Good Afternoon,

I put a set of Carlisle Snow Hog tires on my Toro Snow thrower as I was told these are a very agressive tire the tires that were on her before this were the original Toro tires with chains.

I was told by the Toro place these tires do not need chains & hurt the traction I bought them off the internet & mounted them. Well today was her first big test we live on a hill so the driveway is steep & we get a drift to boot.

It really took a lot for her to come back up the driveway as the tires were trying to bite but just slipping & the blower was wandering all over. So I would like to put chains on her what I need to know is this a good idea?. And is it true that chains hurt the traction of these tires?

I have seen chains for sale for these tires & beleive that our drive is so steep that I need chains but don't want to spend money for nothing. Can anyone tell me what I should do.

Thank you!

Will, 

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42