Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda 724TA engine and light

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
codmaster

Honda 724TA engine and light
Original Message   Jan 24, 2005 10:20 am
Yesterday, I had a fine time blowing the 25+" of snow that fell in northern RI from the blizzard of 2005.

However when I started the engine today to complete the drive way, I had a problem that I hope someone can help me with.  The engine started on the 2nd pull as it usually does, BUT Iit would only run at an idle speed and no matter how I tried to adjust the choke could not get it to run any faster. When I tried to put it in gear and/or run the tines, the engine started to stall.   After it ran on idle for a while and I tried turning it off and restarting it a few times and after I left it idling for a few minutes it began to run a little faster and gradually returned to normal speed it seemed. Might have been a little less noisey than usual or so it seemed.

My question is -- Did I do anything wrong?  I shut it off  yesterday (and it ran fine yesterday) as I usually do by shutting the fuel cutoff switch (as the dealer informed to do!). it also had run fine a few weeks ago in a previous snowstorm.  Second, what else if anything could I have tried to get it running right ?  I was looking at about 100' of steep driveway with about 3-4' of drifted in snow!  Not a good thing to shovel!

Also, and maybe related, I noticed that the light that I have on the blower did not come on today!  Any connection, perhaps? or a different separate problem?

thanks for any advice/suggestions!

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
jubol

Re: Honda 724TA engine and light
Reply #1   Jan 24, 2005 10:26 am
  Codmaster,

Welcome to the best OPE Forum on the web!!

Give it a little time and a Honda or other blower owners will come on and give you the info that you  you need!

Fred   

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #2   Jan 24, 2005 10:35 am
Hello and welcome,

Take the carb cover off, it is a wing nut and easy to do, look down and make sure that where the throttle cable coming into the housing is not preventing the choke lever from releasing.  This happens on mine on occasion and I just wiggle the throttle cable and it starts running fine.  It is also covered in your owners manual. 

It sounds like that is your problem.

The light is simple, if it is hooked up it should be working, I leave mine unplugged unless I need it.  If it is not working it is a bad bulb.

Let us know if that fixes the problem....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #3   Jan 24, 2005 12:28 pm
codmaster,

Great snowblowing conditions you lucky folks got out of that storm.

As you were blowing deep snow the day before it is possible that some snow was ingested in the carb, and iced it up. When you started up it would act up until the heat from the engine melted it.

My brother had the same problem with his 724 after he ran through a deep drift which fell down onto the engine. A few seconds later it lost power and wouldn't run right.  If that is all it is, there is nothing wrong with your machine.

I think your light problem is a separate thing. ChrisS has given you the best advice for that.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Garandman

Reply #4   Apr 10, 2005 8:24 am
How old was the fuel? Put a little deicer in it.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42