Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Anybody have ideas on how to modify a smooth auger into an ice eating serrated auger?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
DGOJeff

Anybody have ideas on how to modify a smooth auger into an ice eating serrated auger?
Original Message   Jan 25, 2010 4:39 pm
I have the snow blower attachment for the DR Field and Brush mower. It wasn't working too well until I did a tune up: changed oil and filter, went with 5w30 for the winter, new plugs, cleaned the carb and adjusted it slightly richer. At least now it does not stall under load. I know it's only single stage, but where it seems to be lacking is chewing up the packed snow from the driveway apron and on my deck where it piles up after sliding off the roof. I am thinking there are two options to modify the auger: 1) cut into the auger and bend pieces alternating slightly left and right or 2) weld on small pieces of similar steel to the sides of the smooth auger. What do people think? Any design ideas? Other mods that I would like to do is to setup a joystick with electric actuators to move the chute left and right, as well as, up and down. Anyone have plans to do that? Thanks. Jeff
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42