Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 826 has oil coming out of the carbureter when first starting up.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stevemat1

John Deere 826 has oil coming out of the carbureter when first starting up.
Original Message   Jan 21, 2010 1:34 pm
I have a John Deere 826 snow blower, and it is about 22 years old. The problem is lately when I first start in up it has oil coming out of the carbuerator for a few minutes then it stops. I have to keep the choke at half to full to keep it running. Any ideas on what the problem is? Thanks for any info. Steve
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
stevemat1

Re: John Deere 826 has oil coming out of the carbureter when first starting up.
Reply #2   Jan 21, 2010 4:40 pm
I did check that right away, and it is under the top line just a little.
stevemat1

Reply #3   Jan 21, 2010 4:42 pm
I thought it was coming out of the carb, but now that I took it apart, it looks like it cam from a hose that is in the crankcase.
borat

Reply #4   Jan 21, 2010 7:07 pm
stevemat1 wrote:
I thought it was coming out of the carb, but now that I took it apart, it looks like it cam from a hose that is in the crankcase.

That hose is the crank case breather vent. It will move some oil out with air being blown from the crank case if there is a bit too much oil in the engine. If it doesn't purge excess oil in short order, you can take a couple oz. out. Check the oil level if you do adjust it. You don't want it to be too low.
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42