Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > snowblower help

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ohbay

snowblower help
Original Message   Jan 1, 2010 3:08 pm
I have an 30yr plus 7hp craftsman snowblower that I can't  start,  I have good compression and spark , I also I bought a carb kit and installed everything except the welch plug.(I didn't know how to get the plugs out) I'm not a seasoned small engine guy, I just read a lot of post for info. I would really like to know what more to look for or any more Ideas to get it started. Thanks
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
borat

Re: snowblower help
Reply #1   Jan 1, 2010 5:16 pm
The vast majority of engine starting problems are fuel related. Go through your fuel system. Check the fuel cap ventilator hole to make sure it's good, check for debris/water in the fuel tank. Clean if necessary. Turn fuel valve off, pull fuel line at the carb, turn fuel valve on to see if fuel is coming out. If you have fuel, put a clear container under the fuel line to catch the fuel. Inspect for water/dirt. Look closely for water. It will cloud the fuel. If there is any sign of water or debris, you should pull the float bowl off and take a look in there. Clean as required. Re-assemble and give it a shot. If it goes, good. If not, pull and clean carb thoroughly. That will call for complete dis-assembly, including jets, all parts cleaned, orifices run through with a fine soft wire (copper) washed in a solvent, all galleries and air passages blown out with compressed air. Put everything back together ensuring you float/float needle are set at correct specs and the float needle moves freely when the float moves. Make sure your float is not damaged or filling with fuel if it's the hollow type. Set carb adjustment screws as per specifications and see how it goes.
ohbay

Re: snowblower help
Reply #2   Jan 1, 2010 7:36 pm
I will check the items that you described tomorrow, I have no light in the garage.

BTW, twice when  trying to start the blower it made a popping noise through the muffler. I tried to adjust the screws to the bowl but still it didn't start.

Thank You

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42