Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Suzuki Engine on Ariens Snow Throwers?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
borat

Suzuki Engine on Ariens Snow Throwers?
Original Message   Jan 1, 2010 10:55 am
I was talking to a guy the other day who's a friend of owner of the local Toro/Ariens dealership. Long story short, this fellow said that the dealership owner told him that Suzuki was supplying engines for Ariens snow throwers. Has anyone out there heard of this or is someone getting smoke blown up their a$$? Another thing he told me was that he bought an Ariens with the 305cc 9.5 B&S snow engine on it and the dealership owner told him that the engine was really putting out closer to 11 h.p than 9.5. If that's true, it would appear that my suspicions of the power ratings for the 305cc engine are pretty much substantiated and the different power labels were for marketing purposes only.
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
bdresch

Re: Suzuki Engine on Ariens Snow Throwers?
Reply #1   Jan 1, 2010 11:21 am
I know they use some Subaru engines, maybe the dealer told him the wrong thing. 
mikiewest

Reply #2   Jan 1, 2010 11:21 am
Ariens seems to offer a choice of the Subaru engine or B&S engine on the deluxe lineup.Also on the compact 24.
amazer98

Reply #3   Jan 1, 2010 12:08 pm
On Ariens' website you can see that they offer Subaru engines on some of their models-- though the Subie's have substantially less displacement than the standard B&S engines.  Our local OPE doesn't stock the Subaru-powered blowers; probably one could special order them.  Still, the B&S snow engines seem smooth and powerful... not sure why you'd want to go with Subie. 

Maybe they have all wheel drive?  Wait a minute, there are just two wheels on my blower!
This message was modified Jan 1, 2010 by amazer98
Paul7

Reply #4   Jan 1, 2010 1:06 pm
amazer98 wrote:
On Ariens' website you can see that they offer Subaru engines on some of their models-- though the Subie's have substantially less displacement than the standard B&S engines.  Our local OPE doesn't stock the Subaru-powered blowers; probably one could special order them.  Still, the B&S snow engines seem smooth and powerful... not sure why you'd want to go with Subie. 

Maybe they have all wheel drive?  Wait a minute, there are just two wheels on my blower!

All I know is that I have an Ariens commercial rated lawnmower that came with a 6 HP Robins-Subaru engine and it is hands down the best engine I've ever owned (and that includes the Honda GX engine).  It is a chain driven OHC design, oil filter, extremely quiet, counter balanced engine.  I wish every outdoor power equipment I own came with this engine.

The thing is though...Subaru probably makes several grades of engines.  The one I have says Robins on the engine's name plate and Robin-Subaru on the owners manual.  I don't know if Ariens is currently offering the same grade of Subaru engine on their equipment as they did a few years ago when I bought my mower.
borat

Reply #5   Jan 1, 2010 1:23 pm
I'd suspect that the guy was confusing Subaru with Suzuki. That makes sense.
aa335

Reply #6   Jan 3, 2010 11:09 pm
amazer98 wrote:

2x2 is all wheel drive!!!

Even if you have a unicycle, it's still all wheel drive.
aa335

Reply #7   Jan 3, 2010 11:18 pm
Paul7 wrote:
All I know is that I have an Ariens commercial rated lawnmower that came with a 6 HP Robins-Subaru engine and it is hands down the best engine I've ever owned (and that includes the Honda GX engine).  It is a chain driven OHC design, oil filter, extremely quiet, counter balanced engine.  I wish every outdoor power equipment I own came with this engine.

Not too stray too far from the original topic of this thread, a while ago, I looked into a Subaru EX21 engine.  What a nice engine.  There's also an EX21 EFI. 

If you want to see this engine in person, check out your Home Depot store for this power washer.

http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Outdoor-Power-Equipment-Pressure-Washers/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xr5Zarmw/R-100663197/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

OK.  Now back to our program.  Someone was talking about Suzuki engine?
This message was modified Jan 3, 2010 by aa335
rambob

Reply #8   Jan 4, 2010 2:35 am
Not thread hi jacking but......... Real happy so far with the B&S that came on my new Ariens Platinum 30: Lots of power: the envy of all who drive by when i'm blowing (altho they probably think I'm using a Husky since the're both orange).
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42