Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Arien's Pinion Anti-Rotation Kit

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
GPTJ

Arien's Pinion Anti-Rotation Kit
Original Message   Dec 31, 2009 1:18 pm
I have a 2005 926LE (926101).  Some time ago, not this year (probably last year or further back), I found a hair pin in my trailer while loading/unloading the unit.  I am not sure when it was.  This past week, I was doing some service and had the unit in the service position and had the wheels off with the cover off the bottom.  I noticed some iron dust at the pinion shaft inside the cover and the slight imprint of the hairpin in the orange paint on the side. Now I know where the pin goes.  I looked on line and found the anti-rotation kit and the recommendation here to others to install the kit.  I just order the kit from the dealer.  I have the hairpin reinstalled.  I guess I wore the holes some since it was used without the pin in there.   The unit does work fine though.  I don't think there was any major damage.  I just want to do the upgrade.

Question is, how to install the kit:  I see a bolt sticking out of the side of the machine that the loop of the hairpin is around to stop the rotation.  There is some movement because it doesn't touch the pin all the time.  I suppose the plate for the kit goes on the bolt, the pin is held stationary by the plate and the nut goes on the bolt right?  I won't have the kit until next week, I am just making sure I know how to install it before it comes.  Kit part number is #52603400.

Thanks

GP

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Snowmann

Re: Arien's Pinion Anti-Rotation Kit
Reply #1   Dec 31, 2009 3:45 pm
That's correct....
GPTJ

Reply #2   Dec 31, 2009 5:06 pm
Thanks Snowmann
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #3   Jan 5, 2010 8:31 pm
GPTJ-Thanks for the heads up. My father has a 926LE so I checked with Ariens customer service this morning. Given the proper ID # they were able to tell that the unit was built before the advent of the kit. I should have it in a few days.

Ariens has the best customer service /tech line in the OPE industry. Not only is it easy to get someone on the phone but those folks are knowledgeable as well.

Marc

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42