Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Early 1970's simplicity snowblower story

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Tim123

Early 1970's simplicity snowblower story
Original Message   Dec 29, 2009 6:03 pm
I live in the twin cities and we go a pretty good snowstorm over Christmas (3 days of snow ,sleet and rain).

Iv'e been helping my neighbor keep his driveway clear for a number of year and he has a snowblower similar to mine, a simplicity 6hp.

I had just finished clearing both my driveway then his, and my impeeler chain snapped, and bent the chain.

I went over to talk with my neighbor to make a proposition, I would be willing to continue to help him keep his driveway clear if I could take the chain off of his snowblower that has not been running in many many years.

HE SAID YES. What are the odds of that (finding replacement parts right across the street for a snowblower that's around 40 years old. So I put his chain on my snowblower and it runs like a swiss watch

I'm so happy that I did not have to go out and buy a new machine, Iv'e been looking at Ariens and simplicity and have not been happy with what I have seen

So my proposition worked well for both me and my neighbor. I got my simplicity up and running  and my neighbors driveway will also be clear.

It pays to help your neighbors.!!!

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Catt

Re: Early 1970's simplicity snowblower story
Reply #1   Dec 29, 2009 7:08 pm
That was a pretty good story.  I saw an article here in the Twin Cities about snowblowers being backed up at the repair shop.  It's 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 weeks for repair.  I'm glad I work on my own equipment.
borat

Re: Early 1970's simplicity snowblower story
Reply #2   Dec 29, 2009 8:40 pm
If you were to bring your old chain into a bearing supply shop, they might be able to match it and make one for you fairly cheaply.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42