Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Craftsman 881550 issue

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jakort1

Craftsman 881550 issue
Original Message   Dec 29, 2009 9:13 am
I used my snowblower during the last snow storm that blew through without a hitch, I started to run low on fuel shut down the engine and refilled the tank.  After that the machine refused to start; I've replaced the spark plug and checked the carb for any dirt, etc without any success.  I did notice that the spark plug seems a bit dry which I'm thinking is because fuel is not making it into the chamber.  Any thoughts before I take it to a small engine mechanic?  I guess I wouldn't find this so frustrating if it had not ran so well at first (started on the second pull of the rope).
thanks,
John
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
borat

Re: Craftsman 881550 issue
Reply #1   Dec 29, 2009 10:10 am
Have you checked to see if the fuel is getting to the carb? Do that first. Pull the fuel line off the carb, put a clear glass jar under it to capture some fuel. Inspect the fuel for water and dirt. If the fuel is cloudy, it has water in it. If so, drain the fuel tank completely, get some fresh fuel (don't use the stuff you used to fill it. It's probably contaminated.) If you have dirt in it, do the same thing but also pull the float bowl and inspect for debris. If you have water in the fuel, the carb should be drained as well. If the fuel situation is good, and you have consistent fuel flow to the carb, give the float bowl a couple sharp taps from underneath with the handle of a screw driver. The objective is to drop your float needle if it sticking in the closed position. See how that goes and let us know.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42