Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere Snow Blower 1350 Snow Series "No Throttle"

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
corbins

John Deere Snow Blower 1350 Snow Series "No Throttle"
Original Message   Dec 26, 2009 1:58 pm
Purchased a new John Deere 928.  Great machine but I want to be able to throttle down the engine.  It does not come with a throttle control.  I see the engine has a plate covering the hole where a throttle control could go.  This is the "Snow Series" engine.  I see the "Snow Series Max" engine has a throttle control.  Does anyone know if I can add a throttle control?  
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
borat

Re: John Deere Snow Blower 1350 Snow Series "No Throttle"
Reply #1   Dec 26, 2009 2:35 pm
Not absolutely sure but I think the carb is different. I.e. no butterfly valve to control throttle. Not sure if you can just install a butterfly valve either. You also need linkage, throttle lever etc. Personally, I doubt you can't do much with it unless you want to do a fair amount of work to round up parts, modify the engine cowling to accept a throttle lever, install all the various parts etc.
mech12

Reply #2   Dec 26, 2009 4:54 pm
 get yourself a part beakdown for the engine.  the carbs will be same.. underneath the gas tank is where the gonernor is located.  the link from carb goes under the tank to the goernnor arm.  the governor is set at one speed.  you can loosen this nut and figure out the linkage system use on the other unit youre talking about...
corbins

Reply #3   Dec 26, 2009 5:06 pm
Get a parts breakdown of the "Snow Series Max" and order that throttle control parts?  Is it the same engine as my "Snow Series" except the Max has throttle control? 

corbins

Reply #4   Dec 26, 2009 5:17 pm
My model number is 20M114-0139-E1.  If I look up that engine, it looks like part 227.  Is that right?
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42