Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snowblower Break In?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Adamj

Snowblower Break In?
Original Message   Dec 19, 2009 11:54 am
In my manuel all it tells me is how to put it togeather and how to use. What is the break in prodcure?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
ottcan

Re: Snowblower Break In?
Reply #1   Dec 19, 2009 12:52 pm
The only break in procedure that you should follow is to change the oil after the first 2-5 hours of usage. I believe it also helps in the engine break in if you expose the engine to heavier work load during the first hours.
borat

Re: Snowblower Break In?
Reply #2   Dec 19, 2009 5:40 pm
ottcan wrote:
The only break in procedure that you should follow is to change the oil after the first 2-5 hours of usage. I believe it also helps in the engine break in if you expose the engine to heavier work load during the first hours.

Good advice. Moderate to intermittent heavy load on the engine will seat the rings better. Dump the oil as per above, put in some 5W30 synthetic and wait for snow.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42