Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 1028 help needed

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JasV

Ariens 1028 help needed
Original Message   Dec 11, 2009 4:59 pm
Hi All,

My snowblower quit working correctly and I was hoping someone could give me some help.  The impeller turn just fine when engaged, but the auger does not turn.  The shaft turns, but just rotates in the gear box.  Sometimes it catches, and works for a few seconds, but then quits once it gets any snow in there.

I am in the process of taking things apart.  I am somewhat inexperienced mechanically, but competant for small repairs.  So I am trying to pull the auger and gearbox out of the machine.  I have disconnected the auger shaft at each side, but how do I loosen the impeller shaft to pull out the gearbox?

All help appreciated!  Thanks.
Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
JasV

Re: Ariens 1028 help needed
Reply #5   Dec 12, 2009 1:34 pm
Trouts,

Thanks for the walk through.

Sorry I didn't post my model number - it is 924116.  I will check out the Ariens website.

Plan on working on the machine tomorrow. 

Thanks again,
Jason
JohnnyBoyUpNorth

Re: Ariens 1028 help needed
Reply #6   Dec 12, 2009 4:26 pm
I've yet to be accused of being a genius, but did you check the shear pins?

Contents under pressure....
Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42