Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 1130 SE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Clay

John Deere 1130 SE
Original Message   Jan 7, 2009 1:07 pm
I did a search and found a few references to this machine but no answers.  Any one have one of these?  15.5 snow max engine, heated hand grips, 30" wide.  I can't find a listing for auger diameter or impeller diameter.  I called John Deere and the guy that was suppose to be the snow thrower expert didn't know either. 

What is the Easy Steer drive system?  The literature says: 

• Easy SteerŪ drive system giving continuous power to both wheels and auto speed adjustment
  • Is it similar to the Ariens auto differential? 

I've heard that the units are built by B&S which translates to Simplicity.  They do have cast iron gear cases like the Simplicity.  The chute control is different than the simplicity and so is the turning method so they are not exactly the same.  I'm trying to compare the Simplicity L1530E to the JD 1130SE.  Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Replies: 136 - 145 of 333Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
    Swoods

I love all power equipment from lawn mowers to snow blowers. My favorite pieces of equipment are 2 cycle Lawn Boys.

Re: John Deere 1130 SE
    Reply #136   Nov 24, 2009 12:21 pm
    embury wrote:
    FYI:

Here are the part numbers for the parts that are missing from the John Deere 1130 SE

1. Shaft Seal  1733898   http://www.lawn-parts.com/detail.asp?id=1733898   $1.95

2. Seal Plate 1733868A  http://www.lawn-parts.com/detail.asp?id=1733868A  $5.95

3. Seal Strip  1733897   http://www.lawn-parts.com/detail.asp?id=1733897  $1.95

I found these in the parts manual for a Snapper model 1530SE.   It is very similar to the JD 1130SE except for the Chute control.

Has anyone tried these parts on the 1130SE?
    This message was modified Nov 25, 2009 by Swoods

Sean Woods
    Swoods

I love all power equipment from lawn mowers to snow blowers. My favorite pieces of equipment are 2 cycle Lawn Boys.

Reply #137   Nov 24, 2009 2:40 pm
    By the way, I found the parts manual for the 1130SE if anyone is interested.   It does not show the waterproofing parts.  The Engine diagram looks exactly like the Snapper and Simplicity diagrams I have seen. 

Parts Manual

This message was modified Nov 24, 2009 by Swoods

Sean Woods
    Ozzie

Reply #138   Nov 25, 2009 6:29 am
    Swoods wrote:
    I tried talking to my local John Deere dealer about having the update done to my 1130 SE and he said that it is not warranted work, but they can do it for a cost.  Does anyone have a person at John Deere that I should talk to?

Here is what he told me:

Hello Sean,

I checked with the manufacturer and found that the water seal kit is probably not necessary so John Deere chose not to include it in the 1130SE model.  It is available for purchase for $47.61 plus $9.50 freight.  Installation is charged out at $82.00 per hour.  We have never received a request for this item.

The clutch lever kit would be a warranty repair if your 1130SE is experiencing drive slippage that can not be corrected with an adjustment of the drive system.

Let us know if you are interested in installation or warranty work. 

How can they refuse to supply and install the parts? the 2008 928e and the 1130 were shipped from the factory with the 3 parts missing, how do they figure they are not necessary? it's a seal kit to stop the water from getting on the friction disc and platter, it is a warranty issue, the parts were never installed due to inventory problems at the factory at the time of production, my dealer told me this after i showed him a parts diagram and the gap behind the cover.They first replaced the friction disc, saying it was inpregnated with oil,still had the problem, called them and was told they would get back to me about the missing parts, a couple of weeks go by and i give them a call and the service guy tells me about the inventory problem at the factory, and there was a kit availlable to rectify the problem, but was 7 weeks back order, at this time we were the middle of Febuary , and by the time they would receive the kit, winter would be over, told him i would see him in the fall, took it in last week, had the kit installed, at the same time, i showed him my muffler gaurd was cracked, and how come this years model was a more heavy duty one like the 1130? he looked at mine, took a new 1130 into the back, and switched out the gaurd for me no problem,  took less than 2 hours for the kit and gaurd to be installed, now just waiting for the snow to try it out.

ps, the parts manual you have, doesn't show the 3 parts that are missing, use the Simplicity 1 in the previous post, and show them that 1,  be polite, but perstant, if all else fails, call John Deere customer service, in Canada the # is 1-888-3068 not sure where you are, but if you are in the States, look in your owners manual for the #
    or go to Simplictiy and order them there, it's like $15 for the 3 parts and instal them your self
    lanningjw

Reply #139   Dec 3, 2009 11:43 am
    Me and my bud from work both bought the JD 1130SE from lowes, I took mine tot he local JD dealer for repair $196 of warrant work. My bud 1130 warranty work came to $256. Isn't that strange! Got the new gas cap on the way! Let it snow....
    Uconn411

Reply #140   Dec 7, 2009 9:45 am
    I too have the same problem with these 3 parts missing, and got the run around from John Deere earlier this year, and wanted to try to fix it properly.  So I bought the parts myself (shaft plate, seal and strip).  I installed them all, but now my cover doesn't fit correctly.  It is as if the new plate is a little too big for the cover.  So I set out to Lowes, to look at the new 928's to see what I could find out, and took these pics.  Pictures have explanations in them.  If anyone runs into the same issue with the cover fitment, please let me know how you fixed it!

Uconn411

Reply #141   Dec 8, 2009 10:14 pm
    I played with adjusting the cover some more, and was able to finally get it popped on correctly with some pressure.  It doesn't go on as smoothly as the new models @ Lowes, but it is on.  Hoping now that the water is properly deflected, I think the plate being in place will make all the difference...
    Catt

Reply #142   Dec 9, 2009 12:04 am
    Tomorrow morning I fire up the 1130 and start blowing snow for the first in it's life.  I can't wait to see how it performs.
    Swoods

Reply #143   Dec 9, 2009 12:00 pm
    Maybe the bolt holes on the belt cover need to be "reemed" out a bit to compensate for the seal plate that is now being fit in.  I ordered my parts and am just waiting for them to come in.

Has anyone had any luck with adding a cab?  I went out yesterday for the first time and had a bunch of snow blown back on my face :)  Great machine though! 

Sean Woods
    Catt

Reply #144   Dec 9, 2009 1:26 pm
    I added a cab to my last snowblower and I ordered a cab for my 1130 from ebay.  These are made specifically for the Deere.  Just be aware you have a headlight off to the side and some cabs won't work well with the light.  Another thing to look for is an easy way to remove the cab.  Some cabs bolt on with no easy way to remove it.  Do a search on ebay for Deere snow cab .
    borat

Reply #145   Dec 9, 2009 1:48 pm
    Classic Deluxe make an excellent product for a very good price. I have one and really appreciate it's convenience. It's very well built and has quick release. Here's a link...http://www.classicaccessories.com/product_detail.aspx?pid=112&cid=0
    Replies: 136 - 145 of 333Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
    Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
    AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
    Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
    Site by Take 42