Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Old yellow & white Craftsman 3.7A chainsaw Info

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
clarky

Out with the new in with the old !

Old yellow & white Craftsman 3.7A chainsaw Info
Original Message   May 28, 2007 10:41 am
I found an old Craftsman 3.7A chainsaw for free at the end of a driveway yesterday. I felt it had tremendous compression so I loaded it for home. I did a lot of cleaning up on it this morning and found some info under (what was left of) the air cover. It said model no. 917,315472 with 17" bar and chain, Serial no. 0013264. Sears Roebuck and Co. I removed the muffler and found that the piston and jug were score free, manual oiler worked great, and it had a tillotson toledo carb. This saw is yellow with a white recoil and air cover, and with a black bar cover. Some questions I had were, who manufactured this saw for Sears? I believe it's a 59cc motor. Also, are there manuals out there? and a way to find out the age of this saw? I am a Homelite collector and have several 50's thru 60's saws and I'm not familiar with the Craftsman line. It would be a shame to let this saw end up in a dump, so I'm going to see what I can do to revive it, as I believe it wouldn't be more the a carb kit and fuel lines if that. I would also be interested in an air cleaner cover for this saw if someone had one to sell. I dont understand why this was the only plastic part on this saw as everything else was magnesium. Any help from you out there would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. Tyler
Replies: 5 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
AlbertWesker1971

Re: Old yellow & white Craftsman 3.7A chainsaw Info
Reply #5   Nov 13, 2009 10:44 am
thankyou Friiy. think i'll take a look at that this weekend. also for diagrams of the 3.7A look around on the craftsman home page for diagrams of appliances. they have a diagram of the chainsaw but i cant remember where to go on the site. i think you go to parts and accesories at the bottom of the page then on the sears homepage go to parts direct and type in your model number or part number.
Replies: 5 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42