Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > add another headlight

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
nwohio2009

add another headlight
Original Message   Oct 25, 2009 7:49 pm
I know this conversation has been beat to death, but I have not found the exact answer.
Machine is a husqvarna 9hp with a flood light. I think the headlight on this model is very dim. (not a bad ground -just not as bright as other blowers).
Is there an easy way to add another light. I experimented with adding a mtd add on, but I realize that this is too much of a draw because they both go dim.
Are the blowers with 2 headlights running off a model with 2 alt's or a h/o alt?
I'm completely comfortable with a dvom, and yes I know where the alternator wire is. I know someone has already solved this-so let the power of the Internet go to work!
Thanks!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
sport

Re: add another headlight
Reply #1   Oct 28, 2009 7:05 pm
Just tossing this out, you might look at a bicycle led light.  I know a co-worker of mine is big into bikes and showed me the new one he has.  The light output is nice and the led shouldn't draw that much current.  I'm giving the idea as a conversation starter.

Sport
borat

Reply #2   Oct 28, 2009 7:55 pm
They have some very powerful l.e.d. lights out now. I bought a hand held flash light from Chinadian Tire with the K2 Luxeon - super bright LED and it's an amazingly brilliant, long range light operated with 4 AA batteries that seem to last forever.
longboat

Reply #3   Oct 30, 2009 9:35 am
Look for an LED flashlight with a CREE emitter if you want to light up a large area.  I have a Fenix TK20 that runs on 2 AA batteries - it puts out 150 lumens on high and will light up objects 500 feet away and the color temperature of the light is amazing.  On high, the batteries last about an hour and a half and on low (45 lumens) the batteries will last 8-10 hours (in reality, low lights up about 80% of the area that high lights up, and is usually all I use).

However, for snowblowing, a floody light may be better, as the TK20 is really a thrower.  Most headlamps are floody by nature, but you need to look for quality in order to get high efficiency (good output along with good runtime).  Also, look for GREEN lights, as they won't reflect the snow as much (so you aren't blinded) and they put out a little more lumens for the wattage used.  Check out the headlamps forum over at candlepowerforums to see what they recommend.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42