Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 2009 Toro B&S engine

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
fatty9009

2009 Toro B&S engine
Original Message   Oct 16, 2009 12:56 pm
does anyone know if the OHV B&S engine toro is using is american made, or if it is produced in china?
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
borat

Re: 2009 Toro B&S engine
Reply #1   Oct 16, 2009 1:46 pm
Hard to say these days.

One participant (Mikiewest) made mention that some of Briggs and Stratton engine components are manufactured in China with final assembly in the USA. That's not unusual. I'd venture to say that there is very little produced in North America that doesn't have Chinese made components.

Are you concerned about quality issues or is it a buy domestic issue? Either way, my recent acquisition of a Chinese made generator with a Honda 196cc clone engines has left me with a new appreciation for Chinese manufacturing. If the machine lasts anything like it runs, it should prove to be a very good value.
mikiewest

Reply #2   Oct 16, 2009 5:45 pm
There was a show about briggs and stratton.Parts of the engine are assembled in China.Then it is shipped back to the USA and final assembly is completed here.The reason  was that it was more economically feasible.And the person from B&S said they had to do this to survive.
friiy

Reply #3   Oct 19, 2009 10:46 pm
12 years ago at the shop I worked at, Briggs parts like mufflers and some other stuff came with "made in Taiwan" stamped on the Briggs red and white box...

Shame....

Friiy
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42