Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ariens 6.5 horse mower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
parbirdie1

ariens 6.5 horse mower
Original Message   Sep 20, 2009 4:49 pm
I bought this at a garage sale and I have gas all the way to the bowl but the mower won't run. When I put a little gas in the cylinder it runs smooth for a few seconds till gas is gone but won't continue to run. I see the float in the bowl and am wondering if I need new a kit or something in the bowl because gas is not getting to carb any help would be appreciated.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Underdog

Re: ariens 6.5 horse mower
Reply #1   Sep 21, 2009 9:31 am
Is this a 6.5 hp briggs verticle shaft motor? Did it run prevously? When you look down into the gas tank, is the tank clean or messy?  When you examined the float what did the inside of the bowl look like?  The jets may be clogged or just gummed up.  Is there fresh gas in there now?  If its not bad you can sometimes just spray some carb cleaner into the carb. I found an old MTD single stage snowblower for $5 by the side of the road and the carb was gummed up. A few blasts with the cleaner was all that it took.  Sometime you get lucky.  
This message was modified Sep 21, 2009 by Underdog

durckelg

Re: ariens 6.5 horse mower
Reply #2   Oct 6, 2009 5:17 pm
I had the same problem with the same mower.  I solved it by replacing the seat.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42