Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > HS50 gas not flowing to carb

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
pgh_stan

HS50 gas not flowing to carb
Original Message   May 11, 2009 12:42 pm
Got a hs50 Tecumseh engine in an Ariens rototiller that had been sitting for awhile.  Couldnt get it started so I replaced all ingition parts and gas line.  I was getting gas to carb since it was clear line I could see but after I completely overhauled everything and got back together gas is not flowing to the carb.  I can get it to fire up for second or 2 with starting fluid then dies, no gas.  The clear line has no gas tank is full.  How do I need to route the line so gravity takes gas to the carb?  I have tried many things and not go.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Paul7

Re: HS50 gas not flowing to carb
Reply #1   May 11, 2009 1:11 pm
Is the gas tank vented? 

Also the link below may help

http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf
pgh_stan

Reply #2   May 11, 2009 2:37 pm
There is small small hole in gas cap
borat

Reply #3   May 12, 2009 1:09 pm
Your float needle is probably stuck in the closed position.  Pull the float bowl and check the float needle to make sure it's moving freely.  Also, check the orifice that is controlled by the float needle.  Make sure it's nice and clean.
pgh_stan

Reply #4   May 12, 2009 1:59 pm
That was my next move checking the carb.  I have removed the carb previous and freed up the stuck parts but didnt really check anything else.  Hopefully that works. 
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42