Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Help... Lawn mower wouldn't start, Carbuertor or what?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
HelpMe

Help... Lawn mower wouldn't start, Carbuertor or what?
Original Message   Apr 26, 2009 2:56 pm
I have a 6.5 GTS Toro 20016.. Let me start by saying I am a retard when it comes to things like this..

I changed t he oil.. But I was not aware that it should of been Reg Oil.. I used 2 cycle oil.

I Turned on ran it, worked fine but then Blue smoke started coming out.. and It stop..

Now it turns on for about 5 seconds then shuts off.

The L/M is 3yrs old. I was told to drain oil and replace it with right oil, Change Spark Plug, and air filter and buy carburetor cleaner  to put in with gas.. I did all of that.. Still turns on and then shuts off after 5 seconds..

I was Told that I need to remove carbretor and clean it.. How do I do that ?

Anyway is it the Caburerto or what?

This message was modified Apr 26, 2009 by HelpMe
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
borat

Re: Help... Lawn mower wouldn't start, Carbuertor or what?
Reply #1   Apr 27, 2009 8:35 pm
First off, as instructed, replace the oil.  Might as well keep the two cycle oil you drain off and use it in any two stroke machines you may have.  Your engine wasn't damaged by using two cycle oil.  It's just not right for that job.   I'd say the blue smoke was from overfilling the machine and excess oil or oil vapour was being vented to your carb intake and burned with the fuel.  You'll have to go on line to a Toro lawn mower site to find out what the process is for removing the carb and how to clean it.  Chances are that it is a fuel problem.  Make sure you have good flow from the fuel tank to the carb.  If that's good, pull the carb and clean it.   I have no experience with your lawn mower or carb.  You'll have to do a bit of homework and research to get into the specifics.  Roll up your sleeves and get at it.  It's not that big of a job.  Here's tip for you.  If you can put the lawn mower on the tail gate of a pick up truck or table, it will make the job much easier and a lot more comfortable for your back.   
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42