Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Husqvarna tractor 1542XP

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
koloski

Husqvarna tractor 1542XP
Original Message   Mar 31, 2009 12:55 pm
My Husqvarna will not shut off with the key. Replaced switch and still will not shut off. Even If I get off the seat with it running it will not shut off. Need Help any Idea what to check next.

Steve
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
whitetail

Re: Husqvarna tractor 1542XP
Reply #1   Mar 31, 2009 11:29 pm
Sounds like a bad switch, If you have a ohm meter check the switch if no meter and you have access to wire side of switch remove the wire going to coil (check color code to ID). The coil has to be picking up power from some source and the on/off switch seems likely .
borat

Reply #2   Apr 2, 2009 8:17 pm
How many ignition interruption switches are on that machine?  You have the one under the seat,  the one for the brake for starting, the one for the mower deck and the key right?  Have I missed any?  It sounds to me, that all of these switches shouldn't malfunction all at once.  I'm not certain, but it would make sense that all of these switches should control one relay that interrupts the ignition.  It would also make sense that if the ignition is controlled by a relay, it may have become stuck in the "on" position.  I don't have a wiring diagram but, the first thing I'd do is try to get one and see if there is a single controlling relay for the ignition.   
mech12

Reply #3   Apr 3, 2009 12:30 pm
there will be a ground lead coming off the ignition coil. if this is broken or came off the coil wont know th shut down... remove blower housing on engine and check this wire.  its usually green.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42