Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Craftsman 536.887250 24" Dual Stage Auger Problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
meyers95

Craftsman 536.887250 24" Dual Stage Auger Problem
Original Message   Feb 25, 2007 3:35 pm
I just purchased a Crafstman snow blower from my neighbor that was moving.  I went to use it for the first time and it appeared to be working fine.  When i was getting close to being done with the driveway the unit stopped throwing snow.  I took it int the garage and began to read the manual.  Please keep in mind the neighbor only used this unit two times, it looks brand new.  When i started reading the manual to find out what could be causing this i started to look for the Sheer pins, I cant find them!!  It appears that on the auger there is a bolt and nut by a grease fitting, I am curious if this is where the sheet pins are supposed to be located?  I wonder if the previous owner replaced the break away sheer pins with nuts and bolts.
When i engage the auger it moves very slowly.  I started looking at the pully and when the unit is running and I engage the auger it looks like the auger pully it bent, once it is fully engaged it appears to not be bent, is this normal?  Also the two bolts that attach the pully were very loose so I tioghtned them up.  I need some help so any advice is much appreciated.  Thanks
Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Timothy

Re: Craftsman 536.887250 24" Dual Stage Auger Problem
Reply #5   Mar 22, 2009 7:29 pm
Hi there

I was using my snoblower yesterday and noticed that it wasnt throwing the snow like it should of been

So, today I checked the shear pin and one was missing, so I used the pins that came with the snowblower when I brought it!

I just finished snowblowing earlier today and was cleaning the bucket of the thrower ,and noticed that one side of the auger was bent pretty bad.

I was wondering if you could help me here

Thanks

Tim

borat

Re: Craftsman 536.887250 24" Dual Stage Auger Problem
Reply #6   Mar 22, 2009 8:33 pm
Can you post a picture of the auger?

If the main strut isn't bent, you might just have to straighten the auger spiral.  If it's just the spiral, it shouldn't be too much of a job to fix.  Post a pic so we can have a better idea of what you're up against.

Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42