Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New Husqvarna Snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
YKW1

New Husqvarna Snowblower
Original Message   Dec 3, 2005 12:15 pm
   I just picked up a new Husqvarna 10527SBE, wanted to get the Ariens 926LE but everyone ran out of them. Looked at the Toro but was over my budget for the features I wanted. I liked my older Areins but it just didnt have the power for the heavier storms and the EOD. Also my drive is single wide 85'+ long, and due to an adjasent drive I have to double blow the snow for about 35 ft. I liked the power steer, and remote hood deflection feature on yhe Husky. Does anyone have this machine and if so has it lived up to your expectations? Im hoping for some snow in the next couple of days to try it out.

Ariens ST524 (1989 Vintage)  ******  Husqvarna 10527SBE
Replies: 27 - 34 of 34Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Svenster

Re: New Husqvarna Snowblower
Reply #27   Feb 10, 2009 1:02 am
jubol wrote:
YK,

I have the site for the REPAIR MANUAL!!

Fred

I recently purchased the 1130SB-LSb.  We have not had any recent storms to use it yet.  Fred, can you pass along the repair manual.  Thanks.
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #28   Feb 10, 2009 6:29 am
Svenster- It is with great sadness that I must tell you that Jubol(Fred) passed away on 5/1/08. He was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery.RIP

Marc

This message was modified Feb 10, 2009 by mml4

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Svenster

Reply #29   Feb 11, 2009 1:12 am
Thanks Marc for the info.  My thoughts and prayers go out to Fred, his family, and friends.
This message was modified Feb 11, 2009 by Svenster
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Reply #30   Mar 2, 2011 10:52 am
                  I am in Canada.    We have a different line of Craftsman snowblowers than are sold in the USA.     Our higher price models are built by Husqvarna, and offer all of the same featuresas the husq models but are red instead of orange.

I have the Husq built Craftman 52993 , 27 inch, 305  14.5 torque Briggs and Stratton, Hydrostatic drive (built by Hydro Gear)  It has trigger type power steering,  heated grips.  , the discharge shute is operated by a short travel lever and the chute deflector is operated by another short travel lever on the console panel. The hydrostatic is operated by a single lever, with no clutching.  It is variable speed,  move the lever forward   to go forward , move it back to  backup, the further you move the hydro lever forward, the faster is your ground speed. Same with reverse. You can shift directly from forward to reverse  without stopping .Torque is the same at all speeds.  The torque multiplication is over 20-1 . You can travel much slower (creeper speed) than any friction drive snowblower.  so you do not stop moving forward , no matter how deep the snow is.

I have had  this  machine for only a month , but we have had 4 big storms, over 50 cm (20 inches)  for one storm and over 30 cm (12 inches) for the others.  My  machine has worked very well,  My neighbours all have similar size snowblowers , John Deere, Toro, MTD, and an older Murray built Craftsman, They are 26-28 inch,     11.5 -14.5 torque and 11.0 to 11.5 horsepower.  Where the snow plow pushes the snow into the end of the driveway is always the hardest . It can be up to 4 feet deep,  My hydro equipped machine will go through it without stopping at a creep speed. , the engine speed doesn't change and its sound does not change. The other snow blowers will not go directly through this heavy packed snow. The operators have to back up , make several tries at it, pushing their machine and  wiggling them to get through , their engines lugging down and making a lot of noise. 

I am answering an old post,  but it is still snowing.

This message was modified Mar 2, 2011 by royster

FrankMA

Reply #31   Mar 2, 2011 11:33 am
YIKES - This thread is so old, Husqvarna does not even make the 10527SBE any longer and one of the original posters died almost 3 years ago!!!

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
aa335

Reply #32   Mar 2, 2011 12:24 pm
It's quite ironic, actually.  There was no way DavidNJ could be convinced to see the benefits of hydrostatic transmission.  This person is the exact opposite.
This message was modified Mar 2, 2011 by aa335
trouts2

Reply #33   Mar 9, 2011 7:08 pm
Royster,

You seem to be a smart guy.  Can you go over in detail the advantages of the hydro and explain it's operation?   What are the bad points of a friction disk system?  What's the money breakpoint advantage of one over another?

royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Reply #34   Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm
trouts2 wrote:
Royster,

You seem to be a smart guy.  Can you go over in detail the advantages of the hydro and explain it's operation?   What are the bad points of a friction disk system?  What's the money breakpoint advantage of one over another?

You can  read  my message #77 under the discussion  title "Is a hydrostatic drive  good for a snow blower?"
This message was modified Mar 10, 2011 by royster

Replies: 27 - 34 of 34Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42