Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snowblower won't disengage

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Dpetrosino

Snowblower won't disengage
Original Message   Feb 4, 2009 1:02 pm
Hi everyone - been lurking n the background for a while reading and learning, but Now I have a problem i cant find the answer to.

I was recently given an older Noma 9HP 2 stage snowblower.  Last night I used it for the first time. It started right up and seemed to work well, however as I went to release the drive handle I quickly relized that the blower kept moving forward.  It wasn't until I also released the Auger handle that the blower stop.  Then as I played around a bit I realized the opposite to also be true.  I was going up and down the driveway with only the auger control engaged

Fun thing though, once stopped, if i grabbed either handle individually, it workes as intended.  Once both handles are engaged I must release both handles in order to stop the blower for moving and throwing.  Very weird

any help would be greatly appreeciated

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
borat

Re: Snowblower won't disengage
Reply #1   Feb 4, 2009 4:18 pm
Your machine might have single hand operation function.  That is, once you engage the auger drive then engage the traction drive, you can take your hand off of the auger drive to adjust controls.  There are a few newer machines that have that function.  With the machine not running, depress the levers and look under the panel to see if there is a rod that shifts across to lock the lever on the opposite side. 
Dpetrosino

Reply #2   Feb 5, 2009 9:23 am
Thx Borat

I'll take a look tonight and let you know

Dpetrosino

Reply #3   Feb 6, 2009 8:23 am
Exactly right!! - thx again
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42