Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > convert Honda hs 521 to elec start?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tucker

convert Honda hs 521 to elec start?
Original Message   Jan 29, 2009 9:05 am
I have a Honda hs521 snowblower pull start. Is there a way to convert it to an electric start?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Coldfingers

Re: convert Honda hs 521 to elec start?
Reply #1   Jan 29, 2009 9:34 am
I have a 5 hp. "20" honda single stage and I asked about that one and I was told they don't have the mounting holes machined into the pull start models so I wouldn't work to put electric start on it. That was just my model though, yours may be different. I can't believe honda does two different castings for the same motor but maybe they do.

Coldfingers
Underdog

Re: convert Honda hs 521 to elec start?
Reply #2   Jan 29, 2009 6:08 pm
Coldfingers wrote:
I have a 5 hp. "20" honda single stage and I asked about that one and I was told they don't have the mounting holes machined into the pull start models so I wouldn't work to put electric start on it. That was just my model though, yours may be different. I can't believe honda does two different castings for the same motor but maybe they do.

Coldfingers

I wonder  which bolt holes they are referring to?  I called and asked them if I could replace my motor with any off the shelf GC160 engine and they said "no,  the factory models were different with an unique metric shaft" and they used a "different voltage."   I knew after they told me the "voltage" thing that they just wanted me to spend the $300+ on their engine. That or the person i got on the phone lacked experience.  I tossed on a cheap clone with a 3/4 inch shaft. The shaft was a perfect fit.

This message was modified Jan 29, 2009 by Underdog

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42