Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Backing up Ariens 11528

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Chuck1

Backing up Ariens 11528
Original Message   Jan 17, 2005 12:40 pm

Hi all,

So far this winter I’ve had the opportunity to use my new Ariens 1152LE about a half a dozen times. As this is the first snow machine I’ve ever owned, it’s taken me at least that many times out to figure out the best way to clear my driveway.

My approach is to come straight out of the garage to the EOD, turn it around and head straight back to the garage. Once there, I disengage the auger and the drive and simply roll/pull the machine back down a gradual slope to the EOD. Once there, I engage the auger and drive and blow forward (I have a two car drive that’s about 40 feet long). I repeat this process until the job is done (8-9 passes).

My question is, will this continuous rolling the machine back over and over have any negative impact on it? Note that I don’t put it in reverse to do this; I simply let the unit roll back. 

Chuck

This message was modified Jan 17, 2005 by Chuck1

Ariens 11528, Yard Machine by MTD 6.0HP Mower, Weed Eater GTI-15, Simoniz S1600 Washer, Weber Silver C.
Replies: 1 - 12 of 12View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 12 of 12View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42