Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > MTD / Troybilt Snowblower won't run with choke off/ fully opened butt. valve

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Fly2High

MTD / Troybilt Snowblower won't run with choke off/ fully opened butt. valve
Original Message   Jan 21, 2009 9:20 am
I just purchased a Troy-bilt Storm 2410 snowblower about a week ago.

When I start my snowblower, I turn the choke fully clockwise to close the butterfly(choke is fully on).  I prime it 3-4 times and On the first or second pull it starts. 

As it warms up I slowly turn the choke knob counterclockwise to open the butterfly.  Unfortunately, I reach max engine rpm at about 2/3 to 3/4 choke opening.  I cannot get to full open(choke is off) on the choke.  The choke does not have a true on and off spot marked on the engine.  There is a sticker indicating a gradation from a small, narrow wedge to a large open wedge (at this end there is a picture of a butterfly valve opened)

Is there something wrong?  I have been on a tractor where it would not run if the choke was opened fully.  I do not know if this is correct or if the carb is out of adjustment.

Frank

This message was modified Jan 21, 2009 by Fly2High
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42