Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 826

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
patsfan054

Toro 826
Original Message   Jan 19, 2009 6:50 pm
Hello all I have an older Toro 826 snow blower.  I was using it today and the auger stoped.  I checked the pins and they are ok.  I then removed the rear metal panel to expose a wheel that when engaged it turns and the blower to make the machine move  thats ok.  I then looked at the top of the machine and noticed a crack in a plastic shroud.  I then removed it and noticed the front belt was off on the machinebut not broke.  I looked closer and there was what looked like a broken piece of silver linkage in the other belt approx  7-8" and twised in the belt / pully.   Any thoughts, I am thinking about just buying a new maching this one was given to me for free and i dont want to spend a lot of money to get it fixed.  Thanks for any help.
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
patsfan054

Re: Toro 826
Reply #2   Jan 20, 2009 3:42 pm
I was able to removed the auger belt and now i'm wondering how to replace it.  Do i need to take apart the hole front or do you know another way.   also I started the maching it does go forward fine but there seem to be a a lot of play from the pully pulling the machine.  Any help thanks.
trouts2

Reply #3   Jan 21, 2009 9:16 pm
What are the model and serial numbers of your machine off the back base by the wheels?

Taking a guess without knowing the model, the belt slips between the two big pulleys in the tractor section.  You may have to use a long screwdrive to push the belt because of the tight fit.  The belt going around the big pulley might be obstructed at one spot due to the brake - a padded arm contacting the pulley rim and back of the belt.  That has to be lifted to get the belt in the pulley groove.  Pull on the auger handle to lift the pulley.

Also, there may be a service manual for your model at the Toro site here:

https://homeownersolutions.toro.com/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=214&PageID=0&cached=true&mode=2&userID=19461

This message was modified Jan 21, 2009 by trouts2
patsfan054

Reply #4   Jan 22, 2009 2:27 pm
thanks for the help people.  I found that the metal part was the piece that holds tention on the belts.  It came out and broke. Chewed both belts and I'm not sure what else.  Went to get it checked and they stated it was going to cost min of 200.00 to fix.  Naaa  went and bought a new thrower.  ok a cub cadet I know everybody saying dont get one but my neighbor has had his for 5 years no problems and reviews were good.  Just snowed 10" and the state plow trucks pushed 12' back from the road with packed snow.  Started the cub up 524  blew the driveway fine and then I got nervious got to the end shifted down to 1 and it went through like butter no problems for now love the machine.  O and my other two neighbors have riders one craftsman and the other a johndeer both could not get through the sidewalk snow with there machines and theres the cub worked fine.  again thanks all.

Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42